Leverich Loop A: Sourdough Creek Road

Leverich Loop A: Sourdough Creek Road is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bozeman, Montana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

Rigorous but totally worth it! Great views at all stage of the hike

Had a great time hiking this trail in late November. There was an inch of snow on the ground, which made the trail a bit slick, but not too difficult. I agree that the 4.1 miles is inaccurate. I tracked 5.4 miles, and the sign at the trail head reports 5 miles.

I would consider this a moderate difficulty hike. I am a seasonal hiker in decent shape, and my mom and I completed the trail in two hours including stops for pictures.

Regardless of the distance it was a nice hike. There were some very beautiful views peaking through the trees, and lots of animal tracks!

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Saturday, July 30, 2016

4.1 seems a little short to me. My track was 5.5 miles and yes, I took a few of the side trails, but not 1.4 miles worth. Overall it's a great trail, but keep a close eye out and an ear to the ground on the side where the mountain bikes are descending. They're coming fast and if you're on foot, it's your responsibility to get out of the way.

I went in late July and it was pretty lush or there. I can only imagine what it's like in the spring.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Challenging trail, awesome views!

Saturday, June 01, 2013

Thursday, May 30, 2013

One of my all time favorite trails. Challenging, but not too strenuous of a up-hill. Can be for a wide range of skill level. Beautiful scenery, generally a very smooth single track trail and has an amazing down hill. Has super fun wall rides, rollers and even jumps. Note that all of the jumps can be hit as rollers if you wish to not be in the air.