Leverich Canyon Trail

Leverich Canyon Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bozeman, Montana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Intense climb, intense descent. Great fun.

Super fun trail beautiful when you get to the top. We walked it but it seemed to
Be a popular bike trail.

First, it’s very difficult to get there by car, you won’t be able to unless you all AWD. Once you get there, start walking the trail and then you’ll see it splits, go to the left. It took me about four hours...I took it slow. I loved it, but the bikers think they own this trail.

Very fun ride! The tough climb is well worth the descent. Bikers need to watch for hikers, hikers need to watch for bikers.

Great trail, really fun, and pretty well maintained.

great ride but it is safer if hikers do not take the down hill. mtn bikers fly down the back half of the loop

Rigorous but totally worth it! Great views at all stage of the hike

Beautiful views. Very quiet with a back country feel. Bring bear spray

Most fun and challenging ride I've encountered. I agree with a previous post that hikers should beware as getting in the way on the downhill would result in bodily harm for both. Wish this trail were in my backyard but alas, we have no such rides in Minnesota.

Friday, November 25, 2016

Had a great time hiking this trail in late November. There was an inch of snow on the ground, which made the trail a bit slick, but not too difficult. I agree that the 4.1 miles is inaccurate. I tracked 5.4 miles, and the sign at the trail head reports 5 miles.

I would consider this a moderate difficulty hike. I am a seasonal hiker in decent shape, and my mom and I completed the trail in two hours including stops for pictures.

Regardless of the distance it was a nice hike. There were some very beautiful views peaking through the trees, and lots of animal tracks!

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Great trail for my biking downhill has superb berms and a few rollers.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Challenging trail, awesome views!

Friday, July 15, 2016

I can see how this trail is THE BOMB for mountain bikers. For hikers, you kinda feel like potential road kill on the downhill portion (due to the numerous mountain bikers). Also some downhill portions, particularly on switchbacks, are too hard packed, steep, and smooth for hikers - very little traction. Bring bug spray if you're on foot - insects are plentiful and hungry at the top of the mountain (in July).

Friday, May 22, 2015

Great trail being just outside Bozeman, Nice constant climb smooth trail 98% of the time. No oncoming traffic as the trail is one way. The decent is machine cut with good berms and great conditions. 10 min drive from the city always a favorite.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

One of my all time favorite trails. Challenging, but not too strenuous of a up-hill. Can be for a wide range of skill level. Beautiful scenery, generally a very smooth single track trail and has an amazing down hill. Has super fun wall rides, rollers and even jumps. Note that all of the jumps can be hit as rollers if you wish to not be in the air.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

4.1 seems a little short to me. My track was 5.5 miles and yes, I took a few of the side trails, but not 1.4 miles worth. Overall it's a great trail, but keep a close eye out and an ear to the ground on the side where the mountain bikes are descending. They're coming fast and if you're on foot, it's your responsibility to get out of the way.

I went in late July and it was pretty lush or there. I can only imagine what it's like in the spring.