Leverich Canyon Trail

Leverich Canyon Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bozeman, Montana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Intense climb, intense descent. Great fun.

Too much climbing for too little downhill. Took me about 1.5 hours to ride up and 15 min down. Not worth it if you're looking for true downhill/Enduro style riding without a modestly steep XC climb. Would rather pay $40 and ride Big Sky.

Gorgeous hike! Was pleasantly challenging - completed in about 2 hours on foot. Up and down (but mostly up) with lots of pretty views of both snowy mountains and the city of Bozeman.

Mountain biked this one. The climb is worth the views and downhill adventure. Great trail. Drink lots of water; it's up hill most of the way.

hiked this trail over the weekend. would be fantastic for mountain biking. good climbing for a rewarding descent.

Beautiful views! Definitely more of a mountain biking trail, especially on the downward part of the loop. You’ll need a vehicle with a high clearance/AWD to get to the trailhead though! The road is incredibly bumpy and we got stuck.

Thought this trail was great! Had to hike first part but run down was great! Clean trail and saw about 4 bikers so felt safe the whole time!!

Pretty decent trail! Lots of variety such as switchbacks and up and down flowy trail parts. Lots of pretty views and wildflowers. Watch out for mountain bikers. Best time to go would be earlier morning. I didn’t see anyone the first half of my hike. The old mining shack at the top was a pleasant surprise.

Mountain Bike trail. I recommend using 4x4 high enough to clear dirt moguls on the road to reach parking lot. Had to park minivan quarter short of parking lot. lol. Hike was a good workout. Had my 16 month old son on my back. Lots of Mountain Bikers to be aware of as you can't hear them coming behind you. Over all it was a nice hike, however do to frequent traffic of mountain bikers, I recommend a different trail for hiking.

Road wasn’t too bad until about 0.2 miles from the trailhead; some pretty big moguls. You can get passed them with a high clearance vehicle. Be aware of high bear activity in this area - bring bear spray! There is a dead carcass alongside the beginning of the trail along with lots of torn trees and bear prints every where. The trail was beautiful and almost all the snow was melted until you reach higher elevation. Then there is about a mile stretch of snow that you have to hike through. Starts to clear out as you descend. Otherwise it was a beautiful hike with some good views of Bozeman and the Bridgers.

Parking is not available in the winter. Nearest parking is 1.5 miles out from trail and snowshoes would have helped a lot. No one was on the trail and it was gorgeous.

First, it’s very difficult to get there by car, you won’t be able to unless you all AWD. Once you get there, start walking the trail and then you’ll see it splits, go to the left. It took me about four hours...I took it slow. I loved it, but the bikers think they own this trail.

Very fun ride! The tough climb is well worth the descent. Bikers need to watch for hikers, hikers need to watch for bikers.

Great trail, really fun, and pretty well maintained.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

great ride but it is safer if hikers do not take the down hill. mtn bikers fly down the back half of the loop

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Rigorous but totally worth it! Great views at all stage of the hike

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Beautiful views. Very quiet with a back country feel. Bring bear spray

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Most fun and challenging ride I've encountered. I agree with a previous post that hikers should beware as getting in the way on the downhill would result in bodily harm for both. Wish this trail were in my backyard but alas, we have no such rides in Minnesota.

Friday, November 25, 2016

Had a great time hiking this trail in late November. There was an inch of snow on the ground, which made the trail a bit slick, but not too difficult. I agree that the 4.1 miles is inaccurate. I tracked 5.4 miles, and the sign at the trail head reports 5 miles.

I would consider this a moderate difficulty hike. I am a seasonal hiker in decent shape, and my mom and I completed the trail in two hours including stops for pictures.

Regardless of the distance it was a nice hike. There were some very beautiful views peaking through the trees, and lots of animal tracks!

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Great trail for my biking downhill has superb berms and a few rollers.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

4.1 seems a little short to me. My track was 5.5 miles and yes, I took a few of the side trails, but not 1.4 miles worth. Overall it's a great trail, but keep a close eye out and an ear to the ground on the side where the mountain bikes are descending. They're coming fast and if you're on foot, it's your responsibility to get out of the way.

I went in late July and it was pretty lush or there. I can only imagine what it's like in the spring.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Challenging trail, awesome views!

Friday, July 15, 2016

I can see how this trail is THE BOMB for mountain bikers. For hikers, you kinda feel like potential road kill on the downhill portion (due to the numerous mountain bikers). Also some downhill portions, particularly on switchbacks, are too hard packed, steep, and smooth for hikers - very little traction. Bring bug spray if you're on foot - insects are plentiful and hungry at the top of the mountain (in July).

Friday, May 22, 2015

Great trail being just outside Bozeman, Nice constant climb smooth trail 98% of the time. No oncoming traffic as the trail is one way. The decent is machine cut with good berms and great conditions. 10 min drive from the city always a favorite.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

One of my all time favorite trails. Challenging, but not too strenuous of a up-hill. Can be for a wide range of skill level. Beautiful scenery, generally a very smooth single track trail and has an amazing down hill. Has super fun wall rides, rollers and even jumps. Note that all of the jumps can be hit as rollers if you wish to not be in the air.