Lee Creek Interpretive Trail

Lee Creek Interpretive Trail is a 4.4 mile out and back trail located near Lolo, Montana and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October.

Didn't have enough time for a real long hike, so I decided to check this one out with my dog, Todd. I was pleasantly surprised by this little gem of a hike. There are signpost spread throughout that correspond to a little brochure you pick up at the start of the trail. I now know how to identify Douglas Fir pines, Lodgepole Pines, Ponderosa and Larch pines. I learned about the Batholith boulders and got to take some sweet pics of the valley below. The beginning is a little tough as it is a gradual climb for the first 3/4 mile or so. But it's a beautiful hike with a lot to learn.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Love this Trail. I've done it twice, both times in the Winter. Once went really well the 2nd time it was a major post hole nightmare, but looking back I laugh. :) I do enjoy this trail and it's close to town so it's very convenient.