Learn more

Lee Creek Interpretive Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(9)
Lolo National Forest

Lee Creek Interpretive Trail is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lolo, Montana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.4 miles Elevation Gain: 2,063 feet Route Type: Out & Back

I took my 6 year old for a nice day hike here. We were the only humans on the trail, which was snowy. This was a perfect afternoon out-and-back hike for a kid through the rolling mountain forest. We found a spot clear of snow to eat lunch in the sunshine. There are numbers along the trail that correspond to an interpretive map, but there were no maps to be found at the trailhead. Maybe they'll be replaced in the summer.

Thu May 23 2019

Nice short trail. Even amount of uphill, downhill and straight areas. Easier than moderate but it was cool. The trail ends at a service road that you can take back down to the campground. Definitely one of the more basic hikes in Lolo.

Sun May 27 2018

Pretty trail, lots of campsites nearby

Sat May 19 2018

Beautiful hike. Did have to contend with a few downed trees across the trail though

Tue Jun 20 2017

Didn't have enough time for a real long hike, so I decided to check this one out with my dog, Todd. I was pleasantly surprised by this little gem of a hike. There are signpost spread throughout that correspond to a little brochure you pick up at the start of the trail. I now know how to identify Douglas Fir pines, Lodgepole Pines, Ponderosa and Larch pines. I learned about the Batholith boulders and got to take some sweet pics of the valley below. The beginning is a little tough as it is a gradual climb for the first 3/4 mile or so. But it's a beautiful hike with a lot to learn.

Wed Aug 13 2014

Love this Trail. I've done it twice, both times in the Winter. Once went really well the 2nd time it was a major post hole nightmare, but looking back I laugh. :) I do enjoy this trail and it's close to town so it's very convenient.

Fri Jun 21 2019