Lake Como Loop Trail

Lake Como Loop Trail is a 7.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Darby, Montana that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lake Como Trail is located between Hamilton and Darby, MT. This trail wraps around the entire lake with a waterfall at the west (back) end. To hike the trail as a "loop" it is about 8 miles. To do an "out and back" hike to the falls on the north shore trail it is about 6 miles round trip.

Easy and flat. Great for getting in your first hike of the summer to test the old body out.

Easy. we're fat out of shape smokers.

We had an excellent time on this trail. It certainly isn't conducive to running the entire time, but it was a beautiful and interesting trail the entire way around.

Love this trail to the waterfall it gets a bit rocky but is fairly flat

Great hike, easy minimal incline with many opportunities for swimming and fishing. The only downside is that part of the trail goes through the campground which is inconvenient and looses the feel of nature a little bit but overall a fun and leisurely time.

My buddy and I took our Mountain Bikes around the 7.5 Mile Loop. Such a rush but pretty sketchy at times. We were the only people with bikes on the trail but there were a lot of families hiking with dogs. This is one of my favorite trails.

Not much elevation change but swollen creeks in early June made it a bit more challenging than it otherwise would have been. Keep your eyes peeled for the foot bridges!

We ran this from our campsite with the pups. A lot of loose stones and light elevation over the 8 miles. Beautiful views, would be more fun for a leisurely hike. Falls were roaring end of May and trail was muddy in a few spots. Overall a great hike/run close to camp and close to the highway.

great, alot of people, extremely gorgeous

This is such a beautiful hike that it took my friend and I four hours because I was constantly stopping for pictures. When we hiked it on September 28th the waterfalls were flowing just enough water to listen to its ambiance, but we're calm enough to jump around on the rocks exposed out of the current.

nice trail and very level. great views off and on

Sunday, July 24, 2016

1.5 hours to waterfalls and 1 hour back. Lots of people and boat noise (Sunday). Go during week and take a swimsuit.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Pretty easy trail well groomed. lots of great water effects and views of the lake. I'd rate the traffic as moderate to busy depending on the day.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Went all the way around. So happily surprised to find the rushing water at the mid point of the lake. So beautiful. We sat at the waters edge and cooled our feet! What a treat. Long walk but worth it!!!