Kirk Hill Trail

Kirk Hill Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bozeman, Montana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Great hike with the family. Lots of choices of loops and great views. We enjoyed being under the cover of the pine trees.

Good trail for a short hike. Not very well maintained, definitely wouldn't want to go after it rains. Views from loop 1 are good but I imagine from loop 3 are better. Good signage along the trail to easily track progress.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Nice hike to get up and out quickly if you don't have much time for a hike but just need to get out. It does loop around and has a map on the trail head to keep you in the right direction. Fun but easy hike. I packed my 25 lb daughter with me on this one and was really nice.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Steeper than expected at first, but overall a nice hike through the woods with pretty views over the valley.

Thursday, July 09, 2015

We hiked with a 9 and 11 year old. Short but steep and the payoff is a fantastic view. Well worth the short excursion. Not crowded, but we were warned of a bear sighting at the top.

Sunday, June 08, 2014

I think part of my issue with this trail may be that I went when I had a really bad cold... nonetheless. It was not a bad trail, although a bit steep for me (being out of shape). There was a neat wooded path at the beginning, then the trail winds up a heavily wooded area. There are three loops you can take, depending on how far you feel like going. There were quite a few wildflowers out when I went. The trail felt somewhat 'urban' to me. Worth checking out, but personally not my favorite.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Nice views at the top. Very short and manicured. Not very wild. Good for a hike that needs to fit into a regular busy day.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Beautiful! Great view of the valley and tons of flowers!!