Keyser Brown Lake

Keyser Brown Lake is a 12.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Red Lodge, Montana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 12.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,804 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The lake is about 14.5 miles round trip. Very beautiful

about 7 mi out and back. Beautiful lake and scenery. Went there yesterday, the only downside was a lot of horse shit on the trail leading up to lost lake, bit pretty clear after that.

Great day trip. I took this with my son about 6 years ago and we both loved it. Watch out for the Moose in the early morning, they are unhappy before breakfast

great hike with gorgeous lake. first 4ish miles are easy and then the climb starts. not too bad but as an fyi most the climb in elevation is the last 2.5 miles.

Did this as part of a multi-day weekend trip, including Black Canyon lake. Trail to KB is on excellent shape. The first 4 miles are pretty easy, then it starts to climb and get a bit more difficult. Also, saw more people on this trail this weekend than I have in the past, however, most are going to Lost Lake.

I did this hike yesterday. It is one of my favorites. Shaded practically the whole way, and plenty of access to the river all the way, which is great for thirsty dogs. The terrain is a tiny bit rocky/rooty in a few spots, but overall very easy to navigate. The elevation rises are generally gradual until very near the end. Had zero problems with mosquitos on the trail, and only slight ones near the lake. The lake is very marshy all around it, so not great for finding a spot to fish. I didn't measure time in, but time out was 2:16 with a day pack. Wonderful day hike.

Trail is in good condition.

I camped there June 30th and it was pretty damp. Hard to find a good dry spot to tent. Bugs weren’t bad. Pretty quiet. No snow on the trail side of the lake. Some water on the trail, but wasn’t bad. Nice overall.

Fucking beautiful

Sat Aug 25 2018

The day I hiked this trail (Tues, 8/21/2018) it was very foggy and there had been a lot of rain, so the creek was quite full. Fortunately the only crossing was on an excellent bridge! The trail is wide, excellently groomed, and runs alongside the creek most of the way. It’s a lovely wooded trail and if my views of the lake were socked in, I really didn’t mind — it was beautiful in an ethereal way. Did meet about 20 other hikers on the trail so even in gloomy weather it’s a busy place. My favorite was the woman with a bell on her pack accompanied by three energetic kids under the age of 10— I could barely hear the bell over the chatter of those kids so I doubt the bears will either!

Wed Jun 13 2018

Great hike. Sign says 7 Miles to lake.

Mon Oct 09 2017