History Rock Trail

History Rock Trail is a 2.8 mile out and back trail located near Bozeman, Montana that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Went up yesterday it was a little muddy but great!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Friday, July 24, 2015

Great easy trail for little kids or beginners. go in early summer to see beautiful wildflowers! the rock is pretty cool and you're able to climb around and explore. my kids like the sand at the base. we were the only ones on the trail the last time we went, which I really like.

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Kinda neat I guess, lots of names on the rock, but couldn't find any of the Indian carvings. Better for quick backcountry skiing runs if you go past the rock to the meadows.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Nothing special about this trail considering everything else Hyalite has to offer. A similar and more rewarding trail in the area would be Grotto Falls. I thought the rock was going to be bigger based on the picture in my book. The trail goes on a ways beyond it but after a mile and a half I turned around. Decent scenery and worth it for the exercise.

Thursday, June 07, 2012