Graves Creek Trail No. 1

moderate 3 reviews

Graves Creek Trail No. 1 is a 17.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bigfork, Montana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 17.8 miles Elevation Gain: 3,963 feet Route Type: Out & Back

In general was a great trail. I have become accustomed to the trails in Flathead National Forest not being very well maintained. Lost the trail twice!! This app saved us. We only hiked to Black Lake, which was totally worth it. BTW, there are tons of huckleberries along the trail. Don’t let the closed gate scare you if you come in from the Hungry Horse side. Just a 2.4 mile hike up to the trailhead. Would totally do it again!!

Thu Jul 21 2011

The trail was is good condition, easy going minus the half mile of switch-backs to climb out of the basin. I covered the trail as part of a 3 day loop around the north of the basin. I was packing 40 pounds. The two streams were high and we were not able to forge them and alternative crossings were set up by the forest service. Expect high water and plenty of bugs through July and half of August