Glen Lake

Glen Lake is a 5.4 mile loop trail located near Victor, Montana and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from July until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great trail, well maintained, constant elevation change. i recommend doing the full loop, plus take the trail headed west at the upper lake. Beautiful views all around.

Great hike. This hike is not good during the heat. It was only 72 degrees up there but it felt like 90+. I would recommend doing this hike in early morning since it is longer than indicated. Teenagers struggled with this hike and is more of a moderate hike uphill in the sun.

We went on a very hot and sunny day which made the hike pretty tough, but overall it was worth it with the views. I also dipped my feet in the late at that really helped cool me down. We met a woman while hiking and she told us about a waterfall and a third lake that can be found if you follow a trail at the back part of the loop. We didn't go to it that day, but I definitely want to on a cooler day! Overall great hike!

The trail is through a burn area so not much shade. This is a nice hike with great views.

Still frozen. A nice break from the heat

As of mid may its still winter up there, we didn't have a dirt trail the whole way up. Probably still 3 ft of snow and the lake was still frozen over. Really cool views at the lake though.

Fun hike. Lots of deadfall.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Friday, August 19, 2016

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

No luck catching any fish, but the trail was well kept and was very pretty :)

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Very pretty lake and beautiful scenery.
The trail has recently been cleared. It was mostly a steady uphill walk so was a little more difficult than expected.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Nice short hike. No luck catching any fish but had a great day. Trail needs to be cleared last 1/2 mile to the lake.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Mild ascents and descents through a wildfire-ravaged terrain makes for a moderately easy and short hike in and out. There are some nice views looking east toward Victor lying below, as well as north at St Mary's Peak & accompanying FS Lookout, not far away. When I last visited I discovered many windfalls crossing the trail just before you reach the small lake. Craggy retest and rocky ridge lines tower above the lake to its south. The landscape demonstrates how intense wildfires can be.

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Nice hike. Millions of biting flies in late June, bring bugspray for sure. Had to take my tank top off to swat them away most of the hike. The lake was beautiful, but a lot of floating bugs surrounding whole lake. Cute camp spots! Make sure to wear sunscreen as most of the forest (and my back/shoulders) is burnt. :)

Thursday, July 10, 2014