Glacier Lake Trail

Glacier Lake Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Condon, Montana that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

Glacier Lake Trail is relatively easy, through thick woods. The trail is flanked by many species of wildflowers and wild edible berries such as huckleberries and raspberries.

I had intended on taking my family (wife + our 4 kiddos age 9 and younger) on a hiking / fishing / camping trip. The hike is not challenging. Well maintained trail. However,
** Glacier lake is DAY USE ONLY **
So, instead of a 1.5 mile hike, we went on a 3.5 mile hike to the next lake in, which is Crescent Lake. I’m not trying to whine. The hike was great. Kids did okay. The annoyance is that we were not mentally prepared to hike that much farther which resulted in me carrying 1 kid along with an extra pack 2/3 of the way up and most of the way down. Just something I wish I would have known. So I could have had a better heads up, or could have chosen a closer camping destination.
All that aside, it was a great family outing. Caught a few fish 10-12”. A few nice camping spots. We will most likely be back at some point.
Also, Heart Lake is probably only another .25 / .5 miles away from Crescent.

Very nice trail along beautiful Glacier Creek to a gorgeous lake at the end to soak your feet in. Three interesting creek crossings along the route.

I’ve done this trail multiple times and it’s beautiful.

Friday, June 02, 2017

Okay, so I'd give it a 4.5 if you go on a weekday on an off week. Good hike with a few beautiful vista lookouts on the way up to the lakes. Defiantly worth the hike!

Thursday, June 22, 2017