Devils Glen

Devils Glen is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Augusta, Montana that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until September.

Great trail! Serious bear country. The swim holes are gorgeous but you'll have to look for them and hike down a small easy incline to get to them. There is a private gate which was closed, meaning you'll have to walk in about a mile on the trail before getting to where this hike says 5.7 miles. If the gate is locked, be prepared to hike about 8 miles round trip if you want to follow this map.

This was a wonderful experience to get in touch with Jehovah's marvelous creation! Hiked back with my wife and 6 year old daughter and we had a blast! There were plenty of photo opportunities and even a chance to swim. How invigorating! Will definitely suggest this trek to friends and family.

Nice easy hike. Saw bear tracks so take bear spray.

how do u get to water? Seems like u go up away from water?

Beautiful views and a nice, easy hike. First 1.8 miles is on private property. When we went over Memorial Day weekend, there was no snow but the Dearborn and the streams/waterfalls were quite high and blown out. If you intend to hike past Devil's Glen, you will need to jump some waterfalls and we had to take our boots off and wade through Milky Stream. Overall beautiful hike that is not very challenging with some great views of the Dearborn!

Incredible scenery starting from roughly a mile in. If you can plan this trip on a sunny day you should as the water turns a vibrant bright blue when the sun is hitting it. Roughly a mile after crossing the bridge there is a small spur trail that leads you to a 150ft tall cliff overlooking a narrow canyon and small turbulent waterfall which was hands down the coolest thing we found. Definitely worth checking out.

I haven't done the complete trail as we stopped to cliff jump but gorgeous water. Traversing down to the water though is difficult.

great trail

Stop and take a peak at the water below to your left as much as possible, the views are great and you catch some amazing unexpected glimpses through the trees. Stop at the camp grounds and sit aloft a nice flat rock providing amazing views above and below. If you continue on, the terrain begins to vary- reminded me of something out of Lord of the Rings ! So surreal and beautiful. Of course going on October 1st made for some great leaf color changing action as well.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Today it was 90* outside and I had to work this morning so I didn't get on the trail until noon. The trail travels through private property and parallels a dirt road for most of the private section. This trail is well used! I decided to nickname it The Dearborn Highway. For some distance it is a narrow two track. There are a couple of areas that look like well used camping areas. When I arrived at Devils Glenn, I just wanted to jump in and go for a swim in the deep clear swirling pools. Being that I was hiking farther in I opted out.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Monday, July 04, 2016

A easy portal into the Scapegoat Wilderness. The trail is gentle and keeps you close to the Dearborn for the entire hike.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Beautiful hike and got a lot better as it got closer to the water. We found a nice little hole to jump in. Water was crystal clear and a bit cold, but the dogs sure loved it!

Monday, June 20, 2016

very beautiful such amazing views....the water was gorgeous but we couldn't figure out how to get down to water.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Good easy hike, long distance. Beautiful sights but not as pretty as Glacier Park. Some wildlife along the trail, remember to clap (griz country). A lot of streams block the trail so don't be afraid to get your feet wet.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Great hike, not terribly challenging. Beautiful views after the first two miles. Definitely griz country!