Crow Creek Falls

Crow Creek Falls is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Townsend, Montana that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from May until October.

Distance: 5.6 miles Elevation Gain: 1,240 feet Route Type: Out & Back

How to get to the “Jump Off” trail head. Keep going a little farther after it ends to the next camp ground

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. That’s all.

Hiked on 07.30.19. I agree with previous reviews about taking Radersburg; we turned around when we drove a few miles on Indian trail rd. The hike started at jump off trail, make sure to turn left at the fork after the bridge. It was a bit confusing. The hike varied in elevation but it was worth it once we got to the falls. We had the “beach” to ourselves and even took a dip in the water. It started raining when we hiked back to the trailhead. Awesome swimming hole in Helena; worth the drive from Missoula. We picked a bunch of gooseberries and raspberries!! Enjoy yourselves :)

Hard but great hike for us! If we can do it so can you! Bring water shoes!

Excellent trail. There's a lot of ups and downs but the waterfalls are worth it. If you make it to the falls you wont be disappointed.

This was a great hike. I went through Radersburg and the road was extremely rough in my Ford Fusion. I had to drive 5 or 10 mph most of the way because I was afraid I would blow out a tire.

Absolutely loved this hike, fresh mountain air with beautiful trail along the river.

It's a good trail with lots of major elevation changes. Some of the trail can get real craggy and slick in spots but a good hike.

The hike is nice and the waterfall is beautiful. I recommend that you go through Radersburg to get to the trail head. Do not take the Indian Creek Rd route if that is an option, the road is very rough going up this way. The Radersburg way is rocky but the road is accessible for a wider variety of vehicles. The Crow Creek Falls trail starts at the Jump Off trailhead and then branches off later in the hike. It’s an great hike to follow and the scenery is beautiful.

Great hike with a wonderful waterfall at the end. Nice wild flowers and butterflies along the way. There are some sections that are steep but they are not too long. Road to get to the trail head “jump off” is rocky so I would recommend you have good tires.

There were a lot of fallen trees in the path near the end of the trail. It eventually became too much for me to climb over and go under so I had to turn back around and face defeat. I will be going back in a month or so to try it again and hopefully see the falls. Maybe I took a wrong turn...

Awesome trail run, definitely some steep parts but well worth it! Took a little over 30 min and close to 3 miles to get there. Easy to follow trail and great scenery!

So um...I’ve done this 4 times. Starting out you think “Oh this is great. This will be fine. I’m fine. This is nice.” Then you’re 1.5 miles in. You’re kinda cold. There’s like no sun yet. But it’s still fine. You’re still fine. Then you hit the dirt/mud part right under that one tree. You know, that one tree. That spot where the elevation gain is like 100ft up in like 30ft of distance. And that’s when you think you’re gonna die. That’s when it hits you. But that’s not all. You even out into a random field for a while before you have to hike down to the falls. The falls are great the falls are worth it but then you gotta go back uphill to go back downhill. It’s a rollercoaster of emotions but overall - my cat made it so you can too.

recorded Crow Creek Falls

6 mile trail in total. We started at Jump Off trailhead. The hike in to the falls was a little tougher than back out. Also some signs are confusing making it easy to go to a wrong trail. If you find yourself on a trail that does not look well worn from hikers you are most likely going the wrong way. Overall moderate difficulty and well worth the hike.

This was a great hike to take, it was a very long hike though. Prepare to be on this hike most of the day. The scenery is ever changing, and the sights are beautiful. It is a bit difficult, especially since it is such a long out and back hike. The waterfall is at the very end, and it is extremely steep getting to the base of the waterfall. all in all very worth it, and I'll be hiking it again this summer.

Sun Oct 21 2018

This was absolutely spectacular trail on a beautiful fall day. The scenery is varied -from a beautiful mountain creek to a wide open high meadow to vistas across a tree covered valley -all ending with a beautiful waterfall before turning around. It says “no dogs” but I have always taken my dog on this and others have as well. My only caution is to not take the directions to get there. The better road is to continue on 287 past Townsend, across the Missouri River bridge and turn right at the bar there. There are signs that take you through the charming town of Radersburg and then signs that actually direct you to Crow Creek Falls. The directions that were listed above on this website take you through a mine that is very confusing and says keep out. The road even in the middle of October was horrible. So I recommend going the alternate route through Radersburg.

Sun Sep 23 2018

No signs so we had a difficult time finding it. Ended up at Jumpoff trailhead instead and merged into Crow Creek. Great hike and stunning scenery!

Thu Sep 20 2018

Got a little lost on my way. But definitely worth the trip! Beautiful!

Mon Sep 10 2018

A wrong turn down creek rather than up made this a 9 mile hike rather than the 6 I had planned. However, all 9 were delightful! There is no signage indicating the falls are to the left after crossing the creek, so beware. My black lab loved this hike because of all the water!

Sun Sep 02 2018

Beautiful hike, trail is fun and the scenery was tremendous. Some rough spots but manageable.

Fri Aug 17 2018

This place is awesome! Great hike

Sat Jul 28 2018

Fishing was great on the way down. Def. a difficult hike, but beautiful

Thu Jul 05 2018

I loved this hike when we went! Will most definitely be doing it again!

Thu Jul 05 2018

Loved this hike. Beautiful scenery and a variety of terrain. There are a few steep hills to climb but take your time and it’s worth it! Definitely recommend the drive from Toston through Raidersburg vs the Townsend way.

Mon Jun 25 2018

Beautiful hike

Thu Jun 14 2018

was a great workout! and breath taking views.

Tue Jun 12 2018

A little slick from the rain but overall still a fairly easy trail. Lots of great camping spots with fire pits already made down by the falls!