Crow Creek Falls

Crow Creek Falls is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Townsend, Montana that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

Was tough climbing out from the waterfall but so worth it! For someone not in the best shape (like me) you will definitely be sore the next day.

nice hike, there's a nice variety in terrain.

Really beautiful hike with some great camping sites next to the falls. The road in through Radersburg is rocky but fine, but if you go through Townsend you're going to hit some very rough spots. Managed it in my hatchback but had some white knuckle moments, wouldn't recommend that route.

Nicely maintained trail with beautiful scenery on the way. The lengthy road to the trailhead (11 miles) is a little rough at times. No cellular service at the trailhead.

Love this hike!

long trail moderate to hard. worth it at the end, straight up as you come up from the falls. Explore above the falls and up to the old mine and swim...

This is not an "easy" hike. I would rate as moderate, and is about 6.5 miles total according to our GPS. The first part of the hike is fairly easy as you go along the creek, then you go up a steep incline and hit a meadow at the top. Then for another mile and half you have a steady incline until you hit a great view point before you go down to the falls. This is the steepest part and you can lose your footing on the loose gravel trail. Climbing back out sucks. But the falls were great, would be a cool spot to camp out at.

I'm glad I didn't take my small dog that generally accompanies me on hikes, because I would have had to pack him out in the end.

Also, the road up (if you go through Radersburg) is not the greatest, take a truck or SUV with 4wd and good tires as the road is very rocky. We took the road that goes straight back to Townsend on our way back, even worse road. DEFINITELY need 4wd.

Give yourself a solid day to get there, and complete the hike, and head home before dark, if your not planning on camping out.

Wonderful hike, trail was in good condition. Fishing holes along the trail.

Wonderful Mothers Day Hike with my daughter and grand kids. I made it in and back out but it was grueling for a person who has not hiked much with a bad knee first of the season. Next time we go in and stay the night, then come out. Very steep

This was a great hike. The falls were awesome. The old mine shaft next to the falls was cool too. The trail was easily passable but the incline and decline made it a workout. I saw several other groups of hikers on the trail. It was a great afternoon hike.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

This is an absolutely beautiful hike! I'm with everyone else when they say it's more of a moderate difficulty though. There's definitely some hills that are on the challenging side! I'll definitely be back to camp at the falls!