Cracker Lake Trail

Cracker Lake Trail is a 13.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near East Glacier Park, Montana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

2086 feet

Beautiful hike, long, but worth it. The views are spectacular and the water is a color I've never seen before! Great spot for an engagement! ;)

This is the prettiest lake on the planet. DO THIS HIKE. I'd say it's mostly moderate, with a few moments of hard. There are a few steep inclines, but they are all short and don't last long. They require quick bursts of energy and can be a little draining. I also woke up a little tired the day I did this one, so maybe that's why those hit me a little harder than they might normally. (I do 20 mile day hikes, and this was a "rest" day for me, so when I was expecting this to be moderate, those few moments of uphill threw me off a bit.) Oh yeah, there's also tons of horse poop along the trail, so breathing heavy and inhaling that fine aroma is kind of off putting. Regardless, this hike is an absolute must if you're visiting Glacier. Horse poop and all.

Great trail, beautiful view at the end. However.... tons of horse poop. The whole way. (And the flies that go with it). I consider it a fair price to pay for an otherwise glorious hike, but i think it's worth mentioning to other hikers. Also.... lots of blind turns and overgrown bush right off trail- do NOT hike this without bear spray. There is a lake overlook just over 5.7 miles in, and a pit toilet another .75 miles or so further down by the back country lake camping area.

The most beautiful ride I have been on.