Columbia Mountain Trail

Columbia Mountain Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kalispell, Montana that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

1906 feet

Amazing trail, great view, small waterfall. I highly recommend doing it.

Encountered Black Bear on hike about 3 miles up.

Great hike for 8 yrs and up. once you get to the water, head left and follow the trail up to the top. Great falls. Enjoy.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

I love this trail. I hike it all the time. The water fall is beautiful and it's a fun adventure on the way up and down!! Great views as well and my dog has the best time!

Friday, April 08, 2016

Friday, September 11, 2015

We did Hike-a-Bike for the first 5ish miles uphill. The ride down was worth it. Some loose bigger rocks today. The human traffic wasn't too bad. The weather was perfect and the views were great.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Great hike, beautiful views at the top!! We hike this every summer.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Never made it to the top due to the snow covering the trail. Went alone and was afraid I'd get lost if I continued on. Went in spring. Would like to complete this hike in the summer. There were plenty of great lookouts with gorgeous views of the Flathead Valley.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

On October 11th, 2013, I climbed the Columbia Mountain and descended on the trail to Hungry Horse. There were several fallen trees on the trail to Hungry Horse, and was not marked at the top of the mountain. I believe that semi-loop was 12.5 miles long on the trail, and at least another 2 miles to where I met my wife after following some power lines back to HWY 2.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

A surprising difficult trail that is a great work out a spring starter. It is 6 miles to the top and when you complete the route you will have achieved 4, 700 vertical.

Friday, April 05, 2013

Great view of the valley. Never have made it the entire way to the lake on top,