Camas Lake Trail

Camas Lake Trail is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hamilton, Montana that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiked into Kidney Lake 10/8/18. Beautiful, sunny day in high 40’s Got into snow 1/2 way up on the Kidney spur trail. Lake not frozen but no fish caught. Gorgeous time of the year

Well-maintained trail. Only a bit of water on the trail in some spots. The lake is beautiful! We took the spur to Kidney Lake, which requires a semi-difficult river crossing and a steeper incline. But worth it.

Great Trail. Took my 5 year old son with one of his big brothers. My 5 year old had no problems making it to the lake.

There is a fair amount of water running on the trail, but it’s not impassible. Including my group, we saw 17 people hiking to the lake today.

It's actually 6.7 miles in and out, a couple of creek crossings but nothing hard, snow at the end but the lake is gorgeous.... so worth it

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Snow ankle deep, but gorgeous!! I did not leave myself enough time to make it to the lake, look forward to doing it again!! Awesome hike..
beautiful :))

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Family friendly, not in great shape, but it was pretty mild, easy for the kiddos aged 8-13

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Thursday, July 06, 2017

Fairly steep incline but I'm not in shape.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Such a beautiful hike and lake!

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Snow pack from 6000 ft on. Easy enough to follow tracks in the snow to the lower lake. Inlet and outlet are thawed but the rest in still in deep snow

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Trail is very easy. Walked it in the evening 6 weeks after abdominal surgury and once you get past the first uphill part it is flat. If you veer off to the left there are some bouldering opportunitys, we made it to the top of those and to the lake in just under 2 hours then hiked the trail back in the dark.
The road to the trail however seems as if it will never end and we constantly thought we were lost.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Decent hike. A bit farther on my gps than indicated. Easy in and out day hike. Some fishing and huckleberries.

Sunday, March 01, 2015

We loved this short hike and nice little lake. Easy for the whole family although few camping spots and fairly busy with hikers because of the close proximity to Missoula.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

steady up all the way the lake is pretty buggy not many camp area only found about 2 and they are right on top of each other also hwavy use on our way out we passed many ppl going in no privacy of thats what ur wanting

Tuesday, October 10, 2017