Bozeman (Sourdough) Creek Nature Trail

Bozeman (Sourdough) Creek Nature Trail is a 1.4 mile out and back trail located near Bozeman, Montana that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

• Waypoint
    45.63740, -111.03196

I LOVE THIS TRAIL! I'm a student and it being so close to campus is awesome! I go to this trail all the time, sunshine or snow. It does get pretty muddy and slick when it's snowy, but still awesome. I saw a moose once too! Really simple hike and it goes on for at least 3 miles there and back (so 6 total), but I've never actually reached the end of it. GO! You won't regret it!

Decent in-town trail. Wasn't as trafficked as I was expecting, but some bikers definitely ignore the "Slow Down" signs. Some good views of the surrounding ranges though!

Even with snow it's not to difficult and easy to follow, dog friendly :)

Beautiful trail by the creek. Not too crowded.

I love this trail. It's more of a walking trail than a hiking trail. We love to bike on this trail or walk with our dog. It's shady and beautiful, with a creek alongside the trail. The trail is surrounded by an open garden and in the back of a lot of houses, so you don't get a lot of privacy, and it's often crowded. It's in town, so the convenience factor is nice. I like to take visitors here, as it's good for all ages and really peaceful. Sourdough has a lot of history in Bozeman, so that is cool too.

Nice