Bozeman (Sourdough) Creek Nature Trail

Bozeman (Sourdough) Creek Nature Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bozeman, Montana that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good for kids. Far enough away from creek so that you aren’t worried about them falling in but close enough to see it. We saw a lot of birds we haven’t seen before and saw a couple of rabbits on the trail. There are homes along parts of the trail but that’s to be expected this close to town. Will definitely be a weekly outing for us.

Perfect hike for a nice spring day like today. A little icy but nothing you can’t handle if you pay attention to where you walk

Great easy hike! The trail is wide and well maintained, great for skiing and hiking in the winter.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Very easy and accessible walk by a bubbling creek. Great for children.

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Beautiful hike be sure to take one of the foot paths off of the trail. They wind through the forest and make for a quick detour and increase the chance of an animal encounter. We ran into a couple of deer while we were there.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

I LOVE THIS TRAIL! I'm a student and it being so close to campus is awesome! I go to this trail all the time, sunshine or snow. It does get pretty muddy and slick when it's snowy, but still awesome. I saw a moose once too! Really simple hike and it goes on for at least 3 miles there and back (so 6 total), but I've never actually reached the end of it. GO! You won't regret it!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Decent in-town trail. Wasn't as trafficked as I was expecting, but some bikers definitely ignore the "Slow Down" signs. Some good views of the surrounding ranges though!

Friday, April 01, 2016

Even with snow it's not to difficult and easy to follow, dog friendly :)

Thursday, August 06, 2015

Beautiful trail by the creek. Not too crowded.

Sunday, August 02, 2015

I love this trail. It's more of a walking trail than a hiking trail. We love to bike on this trail or walk with our dog. It's shady and beautiful, with a creek alongside the trail. The trail is surrounded by an open garden and in the back of a lot of houses, so you don't get a lot of privacy, and it's often crowded. It's in town, so the convenience factor is nice. I like to take visitors here, as it's good for all ages and really peaceful. Sourdough has a lot of history in Bozeman, so that is cool too.

Saturday, June 20, 2015