Blodgett Canyon to Waterfall

Blodgett Canyon to Waterfall is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hamilton, Montana that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Really liked this trail. It had a bit of everything. Rock cliffs, waterfalls, beaver dams...

Beautiful hike but it needs to be upgraded from easy to moderate. At least 1/3 of the trail is made of lots of big rocks and this makes a bit harder to travel across.

Beautiful hike, we actually went up past the two waterfalls to make it a 12mile round trip. Excellent scenery for the majority of the route, some parts are through trees providing shade but are also a bit overgrown. There were a few mosquitos so I'd recommend bug spray.

Enjoyed it!

This trail is more of a nature walk than anything. We walked the trail until it died out due to snow still being present and covering it up. I'm not sure why this trail gets such high ratings... Maybe we're just spoiled from living around here? the waterfall is more just water running down the side of the mountain versus an actual "fall." Also, as far as a "kid friendly" hike, I'd completely disagree - especially if you're trying to get to the falls. i spent 3.5 years in the army special operations community and we hike at least 4 times per month so we're not strangers to hard hikes. while not the hardest hike ever im SO glad we didn't bring my 7 year old who has made it to the top of mt. sentinel.

If you're looking for more of a "wow" factor, hike the blodgett overlook. it's way shorter, way easier and much prettier the entire time.

Since I got my dog Todd a month ago I've been going on more and more hikes. This one turned out to be longer than I had thought it was, but it was worth it! I couldn't believe the change of scenery throughout the hike and the ending falls was worth it! There is a good amount of traffic, however we went on a Sunday and memorial weekend. Todd is a small dog and he was able to make the full treck without having to stop often. Round trip is 7 miles not 4. It's about 3.5 to the falls. Beautiful stunning and one of my new favorites!

Very interesting scenery that changed rapidly...views of rock cliffs, forest, still water lakes, and rapids. Not too steep or challenging but very enjoyable. Closer to 8 miles round trip to the falls.

This hike is pretty incredible from the start especially with the sun hitting the massive canyon walls. At about mile 3 is a perfect little camping spot that made me wish I would have thrown the sleeping bags on the pack. Water fall was not massive but was gorgeous and definitely worth the hike to see.

We did this trail in March so there was still a lot of snow cover. We went in about 2.5-3 miles before heading back. It was beautiful and I def. want to go back in the summer months! We saw a mama and baby moose across the river/stream and had to high tail out of there (since we had our chase friendly dogs).