Blodgett Canyon to Waterfall is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hamilton, Montana that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike in the valley with rigid mountains all around you.

Gorgeous weather, a bit rocky, needed a jacket but overall a great hike with great friends.

Gorgeous Fall day, mid 50’s. Colors are spectacular & creek clear!

really enjoyed this trail, even if the stones make it difficult but interesting for running.
Very well maintaned.

one of my favorite hikes so far! me and my partner and our 3 dogs hiked about 2.5 miles in until we got to a small waterfall. i really loved this trail because of the constant change of scenary. beautiful mountains on either side. as you walk you go through dense forested areas, boulders, a river and some sweet little wetlands with lush green grasses. we hiked back out during the sunset and it was beautiful! some small inclines but nothing crazy. a lot of rocks on parts of the trail so just watch your step. i wish i had time to hike a little further!

Make sure to go past the first (and on this app, final destination) waterfall to second, very impressive waterfall 1/2 mile farther. Hike alternates between black rocks and forest. When you reach the bridge, look up to granite arch on top of the ridge. Nice mountain views.

One of my all time favorites. Absolutely loved it!

Great hike different terrain makes it fun!!

Beautiful views. Great hike for the whole family!

Awesome hike with beautiful views and impressive rock faces. There is a rock arch that can be spotted from the bridge about 3.5 miles out. We were a group of 6 including my 5.5 yr old and everyone enjoyed it. The last mile or so before the falls was beside a marshland and mosquitoes were thick; so definitely wear repellent.

Beautiful hike, I was expecting a huge waterfall but supposedly as I was told after hiking this trail you have to off trail it to get to the falls over a rocky area. I have yet to go back and try this.

Great hike for the dog because water crosses the trail every couple of miles. The trail sign said 5 miles to falls and I'm inclined to believe it. Had to choose workout over enjoying the views because of the rocky nature of the trail and time constraints. Can't believe I've put this trail off. Much longer and challenging than the overlook trail, but much more enjoyable and satisfying.

Beautiful hike and nice trail. Does get a little rocky so you’ll need to watch your step. Breathe taking views.

Great hike, beautiful waterfalls, towering scenery overhead. A lot of bang for the buck here (and by buck I mean amount of hiking effort). The Bitterroots are extremely underrated as a hiking range.

Great hike, particularly for a first day after flying in from New York. Not too strenuous, but still a good workout. Went all the way to the waterfalls, with marvellous views all along the way (and some tasty huckleberries to be found).

Beautiful hike to the waterfall. Easy hike, lots of rocks and muddy sections. A few bugs in dense brush areas. Waterfall and creek are running fast! Loved it!

Didn't make it to the waterfall, but pretty views of river, cliffs, and wildflowers.

Very easy trail, recommend hiking well past the falls, where you enter into denser forest.
There are plenty of boulders, for climbing, on either side of the trails to up the ante of the beautiful, but effortless trail.

Breathtaking views! Hike over the boulders to get to the waterfall well worth it. Lots of hikers for a Tuesday. So many awe factors!!

Great kid & dog friendly hike. A couple water spots to dodge but nothing crazy. You can see a waterfall about 3 miles in. The regular trail was washed out but you can hike some boulders to keep going. That was a little too advanced for our 6 yo so we turned around at that point. Will definitely do it again.

This trail is wonderful, don't listen to the reviewer who claims there isn't much wow factor. The views are gorgeous. The trail is actually pretty easy, if you don't mind rocks and the distance to the falls. There was a lot of water on the trail in places when we went a week ago but you could avoid getting wet fairly easily. l
Lots of wildflowers. Not too many other hikers. This is one of my favorites of the Bitteroot hikes.

Great trail. Tons of great views and easy scrambling. When we went the creek was out of its banks so we had to take a few detours. About 6 miles in the canyon narrows and is more wooded. Tons of great rapids and scenery.

Friday, August 11, 2017

Really liked this trail. It had a bit of everything. Rock cliffs, waterfalls, beaver dams...

Friday, July 21, 2017

Beautiful hike but it needs to be upgraded from easy to moderate. At least 1/3 of the trail is made of lots of big rocks and this makes a bit harder to travel across.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Beautiful hike, we actually went up past the two waterfalls to make it a 12mile round trip. Excellent scenery for the majority of the route, some parts are through trees providing shade but are also a bit overgrown. There were a few mosquitos so I'd recommend bug spray.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Enjoyed it!

Saturday, June 03, 2017

This trail is more of a nature walk than anything. We walked the trail until it died out due to snow still being present and covering it up. I'm not sure why this trail gets such high ratings... Maybe we're just spoiled from living around here? the waterfall is more just water running down the side of the mountain versus an actual "fall." Also, as far as a "kid friendly" hike, I'd completely disagree - especially if you're trying to get to the falls. i spent 3.5 years in the army special operations community and we hike at least 4 times per month so we're not strangers to hard hikes. while not the hardest hike ever im SO glad we didn't bring my 7 year old who has made it to the top of mt. sentinel.

If you're looking for more of a "wow" factor, hike the blodgett overlook. it's way shorter, way easier and much prettier the entire time.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Since I got my dog Todd a month ago I've been going on more and more hikes. This one turned out to be longer than I had thought it was, but it was worth it! I couldn't believe the change of scenery throughout the hike and the ending falls was worth it! There is a good amount of traffic, however we went on a Sunday and memorial weekend. Todd is a small dog and he was able to make the full treck without having to stop often. Round trip is 7 miles not 4. It's about 3.5 to the falls. Beautiful stunning and one of my new favorites!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Very interesting scenery that changed rapidly...views of rock cliffs, forest, still water lakes, and rapids. Not too steep or challenging but very enjoyable. Closer to 8 miles round trip to the falls.

Saturday, May 27, 2017