Blodgett Canyon to Waterfall

Blodgett Canyon to Waterfall is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hamilton, Montana that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October.

14 minutes ago

Since I got my dog Todd a month ago I've been going on more and more hikes. This one turned out to be longer than I had thought it was, but it was worth it! I couldn't believe the change of scenery throughout the hike and the ending falls was worth it! There is a good amount of traffic, however we went on a Sunday and memorial weekend. Todd is a small dog and he was able to make the full treck without having to stop often. Round trip is 7 miles not 4. It's about 3.5 to the falls. Beautiful stunning and one of my new favorites!

Very interesting scenery that changed rapidly...views of rock cliffs, forest, still water lakes, and rapids. Not too steep or challenging but very enjoyable. Closer to 8 miles round trip to the falls.

This hike is pretty incredible from the start especially with the sun hitting the massive canyon walls. At about mile 3 is a perfect little camping spot that made me wish I would have thrown the sleeping bags on the pack. Water fall was not massive but was gorgeous and definitely worth the hike to see.

We did this trail in March so there was still a lot of snow cover. We went in about 2.5-3 miles before heading back. It was beautiful and I def. want to go back in the summer months! We saw a mama and baby moose across the river/stream and had to high tail out of there (since we had our chase friendly dogs).

Beautiful scenery throughout the seasons.

My dog Patton loved it. Not to crowded. Great views at every turn.

Hiked to waterfall! Nice

amazing! way longer than we origonally that thought it was. it took us and our two girls and two dogs about four and a half hours with maybe a 20-minute break at the waterfall. I would go I guess but it's close to seven and a half or 8 Miles. where this app said that it was 4.9 miles total. well worth it it was beautiful

Great trail! Took our 13month old and nearly 3 year old - 3 year old made it most of the way himself! Parts are very rocky and some wet areas on the trail as well. Wonderful views of the canyon and such clear water!