Blackfoot Meadows Trail

Blackfoot Meadows Trail is a 10.3 mile out and back trail located near Elliston, Montana and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My very favorite trail anywhere. Gorgeous from start to finish, good elevation change but not too tough for younger siblings. Great for hiking, but mountain biking is my favorite.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Did this as an overnighter with my 8 year old and it was perfect! Great campsite at the Meadows and we woke up to a herd of elk grazing.

Friday, August 14, 2015

I love this easy hike. It offers a very few gentle ups and downs with a net gain in elevation of under 300 feet in 4-miles. Yes, it's that gentle. On my first hike here (9-28-13) there was about two inches of snow on the ground. Yup - late September and already snow. At the 4-mile mark the hike enters the actual meadow area. There is a fantastic level undeveloped camping area, and the trail does go further.

Monday, May 09, 2016