Big Butte Loop

Big Butte Loop is a 1.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Butte-Silver Bow, Montana that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

city walk

I’m from sea level and this was the first hike my dog and I did since moving to Montana. It’s a pretty short loop with the only real incline being up to the “M” which was kinda steep with a lot of loose rocks/ground on the way down. There is a better road down that goes right back to the parking lot. Overall it wasn’t a bad morning walk, you could take anyone up it.

I am pretty sure this is the Butte "M" trail. We start at the bottom, parking near tech, and hike to the top. You can also dive up. The trails look great for hikers and bikers. Lots of side trails. We hiked it in the winter with Snow Boots. Moderately hard because it's straight up but it's very short. About 2 miles total when we start at the bottom. More can be found on my blog (https://www.brisul.com/blog/2018/1/29/the-m-trail-butte-montana)