Beartrack Trail to Silver Run Plateau

Beartrack Trail to Silver Run Plateau is a 18.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Red Lodge, Montana that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Great hike, pretty much an uphill slog with lots of views. We only went in about 4.5 miles to a nice plateau area, had lunch and returned to the trail head

This is my favorite trail but the incline is grueling. Takes me about 1:45 to get to the top. I just hiked it yesterday and I think I’m good for the rest of the summer.

This is one of the better hikes I've been on. The views are stunning and well worth hiking the steep incline. Once you hit the plateau, you don't want to leave!

Snowline was around 8k feet.
(Side note: I wasn't able to record my entire hike; my phone battery went dead)

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Amazing, expansive views

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Hiked 5/22/17 snow still cover the trail.

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Ticks were plentiful. Hiked until I hit snow.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Nice start snow makes it impassable at 8200 feet about 3.4 miles in from trail start this was April 20

Monday, August 29, 2016

It's not so steep that you're on your hands, but it's a constant incline once you hit the switchbacks about 1/4 way in. Super fun, minimal traffic, and terrific views. My dog loves this trail too!

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

It's a steep climb but it has great views!!

Friday, July 08, 2016

the view was not worth the climb

Sunday, May 08, 2016

I went 5/8/2016. Snowed out at the top. Tried to forged the snow. It was up to my knees, so being on a solo hike I turned around. Be ready for the vertical! It's pretty intense especially in the second third!

Monday, May 02, 2016

Beautiful hike. Path was rocky but manageable.

Friday, January 09, 2015

This trail is not moderate. Gains a lot of elevation. Very scenic

Tuesday, July 11, 2017