Bear Creek Overlook Trail

Bear Creek Overlook Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Victor, Montana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Roads solid ice, narrow, with cliffs had to bale on it today. Will return in the spring.

Spectacular view :)

5 star view on this one. I highly recommend it.

37 degrees, snow on the trail the last half mile or so.. great hike!!

Absolutely amazing view. Good for kids and those in shape up to 65. The entire way is switchbacks making the climb easy to scale. Overall , very easy and extremely rewarding hike.

A little longer than we expected with a 6 year old and it was hot, but the views were GORGEOUS!!! Windy as heck, could be dangerous with small, curious kids

Easy trail and such a glorious reward at the top!! We will definitely do this one again! The only issue we had was the recorded trail guide was not accurate.

very easy, well maintained, gradual hike. about 2.4mi one way. Hike it in the rain, with my family on Sunday, 6yr and 9 yr old girls. it was absolutely worth it. Amazing views all the way up

Hiked with my 10 week old infant in a front carrier and was still an easy hike. The view was AMAZING, could have stayed up there all day! We'll definitely be back:)

Incredible views from the lookout, not a hard hike at all. Still quite a bit of snow the last mile and a half but it is packed and easy to walk on.

For the small amount of work put in, the payout is incredible. One of my favorite views in the state.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Wonderful hike on a gorgeous October afternoon. Hike provided a perfect cardiac workout for a fifty-something. Spectacular vistas, especially looking westward into the more primitive areas. I'll post some pictures later.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Beautiful hike. Made it almost all the way up until we saw fresh bear tracks going along the trail, so we decided to turn around because we had no way to protect ourselves.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Once you locate the start of the actual Trail it is a nice gradual climb with plenty of switchback. Hikes it with a friend on 10-9-2016. It is worth the Terrain and I will return. I did leave a Token of Gratitude for all the beauty this has to offer. Would recommend to not being children due to the stop off at the Trails end. Allow plenty of time to enjoy the Beauty.

Friday, October 07, 2016

Amazing views once you get to the end. The whole trail is sheltered by Lodgepole pine. The trail has lots of switch backs but is pretty gradual and easy. You can tell people have cut the switchbacks and have taken a more direct and steeper climb. Once you get to the top there are about 3 Rock outcrops you can walk out onto that have sheer drop offs. Bring layers or a jacket since it's windy at the top. I went first week of October and the Larch trees were starting to turn yellow. I'd love to go again once they have all turned yellow. The views would be even more stunning.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Short, easy hike with great reward. Views from the overlook are spectacular. If you have a fear of heights like I do, don't look down. ;)

Saturday, August 20, 2016

The trails is an easy switchback, although there is a trail that leads straight up, and goes through some nice shaded woods. The view from the top is amazing, especially for such a short hike.

Monday, July 25, 2016

It was pretty easy and the top is amazing you don't wanna leave. The condition of the main trail is pretty good too! Dog loved all the chipmunks as well

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Great hike for everyone. Wait until you get to the top!

Friday, April 29, 2016

Stunning view. One of my favorite hikes.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Absolutely stunning view. Very windy at the top, bring an extra layer for when you get up there! But one of the best hikes I have ever done. Not super strenuous.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

AMAZING View, almost cried.

Monday, June 23, 2014

The trailhead begins after a long 9 mile drive up to approx. 5500ft above sea level. The trail itself if easy to moderate depending on which path you take. it took me 2.5 hours round trip. The important thing is to not give up. the view from the top is unlike anything I've ever seen before. absolutely stunning.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Short and sweet! When you dont have a lot of time but still want to see some outdoors or maby a picnic;)