Zombie Trail is a 9.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Glencoe, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 9.7 miles Elevation Gain: 669 feet Route Type: Loop

Average Missouri trail, barely any elevation gain and no long downhill parts. The trail was made for XC because the germs and jumps have absolutely no flow to them like you have to bust your balls to be able to hit some jumps and that’s not how it’s supposed to be. Tbh it’s the best trail in the stl area but still shitty.

Great trail - nice work out. Uneven trail - not suitable for little kids. Good for beginner hikers to learn hiking. Enjoy the trails!!

This was a unique trail with lots of bikers. Everyone was kind and let you know they were coming so you could step off the trail. It is extremely muddy, boots are a must! And we saw about 3 snakes. It zigzags back and forth a lot so not the best for a variety of views.

switchback heaven! fantastic trail for hiking and mountain biking right off the meramec greenway.

Make sure you wear hiking boots!! Slick if it’s muddy! Most definitely a fun hike and definitely worth every star!

Simply awesome. There is some hard parts, but as a beginner you just need to walk the ones that seem like too much. You’ll do more and more each time. I’m 1 year in to mountain biking and I can just about ride the whole trail. Still walk a few places. Regardless, I would even hike this trail since it’s so beautiful.

Loved the trail. Mud not so much but I’ll definitely be back

This was an excellent trail. Well shaded, for the most part. Several times we encountered a nice clean and cold stream to soak our feet and rest a bit. There were lots of people out when we hiked, lots of mountain bikers, but everyone was kind and courteous and made for a nice hike.

Great trail!! Tons to look at, beautiful scenery!! Yes is a mountain bikers trail. Just shift out of the way, only had one not say a word. The rest were polite and let us know if there were more. Trail runners delight btw!! I love hiking or running and I’m gonna go back and run this trail!! I can see it being tough for hikers that don’t hike a lot. We saw chipmunks, all kinds of birds, squirrels and saw a black snake at the end. I would not recommend for younger kiddos. I feel they would struggle with the terrain.

This area is beautiful! There are many trails to choose from here if you decide not to complete the entire trail. We only partially finished this trail because our dog is a little out of shape (so are we) and her paw started hurting. One thing I will say is that once you turn off the greenway and start on the wooded portion of the trail there is a slightly frustrating downside we had to deal with while we were hiking the trail. Although the trail is approved for both hikers and mountain bikers there is only space for one body at any given time, and passing is not easy. To allow others to pass you essentially have to scale the hillside which really isn’t that big of a deal, however, the trail itself doesn’t indicate a specific direction so there is no way to tell which way anyone will be headed toward you. This becomes problematic because of the large volume of mountain bikers we experienced who were traveling at pretty high speeds down the trails. Only a few were willing to alert us of their presence and most of them were really annoyed we were there to begin with. Several were unconcerned with whether they might end up running our dog over and didn’t even brake to allow us to get her out of the way. To be honest, I truly have no issue with mountain bikers, I think it is definitely a great trail for that and can certainly understand why they were there, essentially this is just my heads up about what you may experience while you are out there. Be careful.

I was looking for a trail that was a bit more of a challenge and this is it. It is steep and rocky in places with occasional muddy spots. Definitely would be extremely muddy and slippery after rain or snow melt. The scenery consists of woodland with interesting, varied rocky outcrops and a meandering creek with small waterfalls. Plenty of birds and small animals along the way. Will definitely walk this trail again.

icy

Good trail!!

Really cool area and trail. I recommend and will return to this trail.

Muddy but nut h better than yesterday.

flooded
icy

Zombie Trail 9.5 mi / loop /moderate 636 ft elevation Very interesting hike. Extremely muddy in areas and borderline scary because I slipped uncountable times but somehow miraculously did not fall. The terrain varied, often getting quite rocky. Place was super quiet. Almost Eerie, at times I didn't even hear birds or animals. There were dozens of rocks shaped like tombstones all over the place. Only seen one jogger the entire trip. I'll definitely be back to battle this one again!