Yellow and Silver Loop

Yellow and Silver Loop is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near South Galloway, Missouri that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My friend and I walked this trail today (5-19-18) it was amazing, a lot of beautiful landscapes and the river was nice and cold. We toke the yellow and silver trail it definitely kicked our butt, we realized that maybe we need to get in better shape, lots of steep hills and lose rocks. It’s all worth it when you get to the very top and get to see the “mountain” also had to cross the river a couple of times, which we toke or shoes off and it was super slippery nd fell on our butts lol I loveeddd this trail! We made lots of memories and it was an amazing adventure!!!

Fun hike! Some difficult sections with some steep incline/declines so a great workout. Lots of loose rocks so be cautious on the ups and downs. We only encountered a couple others on the trail but we did this on a late Sunday afternoon.

Great hike and great workout! Beautiful scenery and water throughout after decent rains. May even have to cross some knee deep water if the water is up which we did and it was refreshing!!! Can be a little crowded and beware of horse poop!

Great trail but it's definitely moderate to difficult in many areas, so be ready and in shape. Really pretty with a lot of photo opportunities. Trails are well worn and easy to follow, but if you are not familiar with Busiek I suggest bring a GPS. If you get lost on the trails near dark, plan on staying the night or fire/rescue can come and lead you out. :) Also, there is wildlife in the woods, so be "Bear Aware." Being raised in this area, I've spent thousands of hours in these woods and know the area extremely well. Overall, a great place to hike/camp.

I ran this for the first time. It was thoroughly enjoyable. Difficult hills and rocks added to the beauty. The water crossing were not. A problem either. When you start running it’ll take just a minute to warm up. All the negative reviews are for people with no imagination and find little discomforts like rocks and flowing water to ruin their time.
One of the most vivid memories of my run was a particular oak tree that stood out amongst many other trees. I can’t wait to run the whole trail system when it’s all green.

Nice little workout. Took us a total of 3 hours. You do have to cross the creek a couple times but we took our shoes off and just walked across.

This was a very nice hike in 30 degree weather. We took the red/yellow trail first and then stayed on the yellow trail and took some of the yellow/grey trail but stayed on the yellow trail. It was pretty steep the way we went. If you go on the yellow trail it’s pretty rocky and steep from the red yellow side. Red trails are a lot easier hike.

I love this section. It is strenuous and you will get a good cardio workout. Trekking poles recommended. Rocky and steep with one steep downhill section with loose gravel. Always take a map and compass with you and know how to use them. I love All Trails pro. I can navigate with no problems. You should also take enough water to drink.

I took the Yellow Loop to the Silver Loop then the Silver Loop section over the mountain. Going over the mountain was the most difficult part of the trail. Both sides are steep with one side very rocky. I do suggest trekking poles for that. It was a great hike though.