Winterset Park Nature Area Trail

Winterset Park Nature Area Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lee's Summit, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November.

Distance: 1.0 miles Elevation Gain: 55 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Part of it was waterlogged, and then the trail led me to a sidewalk and had me following streets, not trails. Could’ve been clearer.

Nice lil gem in Lee’s Summit!

hidden gem right in the middle of Lee's summit. when the water is low you can follow the river bed. don't be afraid to explore. this trail also shares a border with the rock island trail

Trail is located in Hartman Park Not well marked but we used the map to find the start. Walk pass the playground down the hill, pass the bench and it's on the right We will definitely be going back during the different seasons to see how it looks

Monday, July 16, 2018

Nice little spot within Lee’s summit. I’ve lived in LS for a few years but never noticed this park was here. There is a paved trail that goes around the softball fields but then a mulch nature path that goes through the woods and up to a creek. Me and my 2 year old had fun but didn’t get to explore all of it because of the heat but we’ll definitely come back. It was pretty clean too, I did see a little trash but not as bad as other parts of the KC metro area. There’s also a playground before you get to the trails.

Friday, May 18, 2018

This trail is really well maintained and has access points to fun spots to play in a river. My 3 and 5 year olds enjoyed it and could handle the short distance just fine.

Monday, July 09, 2018