Willis and Family Trail Loop

Willis and Family Trail Loop is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Grain Valley, Missouri that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Interstate 70 to Blue Springs, MO (7 hwy exist), go north about 1.5 miles to Owen School Rd.; turn east for 1.2 miles; parking on the north.

Wow. Trash eveywhere and someone has been doing demonic ceremonies there. I found lots of satanic things on my 4 mile hike. Will not be going back here again.

Great hike. Trail well defined, but not necessarily marked. Follow GPS to stay on track. Really nice area. The Lake City gun range is right there so you can hear lots of gun fire. But if you don't mind that, it's one of the better hikes in the area. We will definitely be back when the weather warms.

Great low impact trail that is very well maintained. The only con are the lack of trail markers which can lead to a lot of unnecessary loops. We had our two and one year olds with us and enjoyed the walk immensely.

Well marked and maintained, trails for all skill levels.

Well marked and maintained, trails for all skill levels.

Hot as hell but tasty made it worth while

Beautiful Rock formations and forest. Loved running this trail. Went right after rain so it was slippery on those BIG rocks.
POORLY marked trails (if marked at all). Had trouble finding the trail head (sign at parking lot missing). Good thing I had a compass/ cell phone or else I may still be out there!
No joke, bring navigational tools. STUNNING SCENERY, very clean and tidy.

This is a great trail, very rugged for being so close to suburban life. Really enjoyed it and will return!

Always a great time

Best trail in KC area in my opinion. Close to 20 miles of trails. My favorite is the 10/11 loop on the west side. Very little traffic on that side due to terrain.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Just started hiking here. Lots of tight and twisty trails. Good workout

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Pretty sweet trails for a newbie like myself. I will definitely be returning to this place.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Great trails, with lots of rocks and hills. Trail heads were unclear however and many intersecting.

Friday, March 17, 2017

Comfortable trail. Multiple offshoots not always marked well.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

I really like this trail. Only did a part of it but liked it had some hills for a good workout. There were a lot of bicycles there today. It looks like a great mountain bike path. I prefer hiking. Open areas, picnic tables, and wooded areas. Really nice wide trail with mixture of rocky, bumpy and smooth trails. It won't disappoint.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Beautiful park!

Sunday, November 06, 2016

My dog Shiloh and I loved this hike. Great parking at the trailhead. We will be back for more. Lightly travelled in the early am. Trail system provides multiple options for all skill levels. Great markings. Beautiful second growth hardwood forest.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Great trails with many options for both amateur and moderately skilled riders. It's a popular spot, but lately I've only seen a few people each weekend.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Nice secluded trails. I was there for 90 minutes and never saw anyone else

Sunday, September 04, 2016

loved it! Some many trails to choose from.

Friday, August 26, 2016

I could spend all day out there! Trails everywhere!

Monday, August 15, 2016

My husband and I hiked this together. The trail was very rugged and remote feeling which was very appealing. We are new to hiking and this was close to home. There are many Spurs and loops to get "lost on. I would definitely suggest having a trail map to help navigate, especially when trying to decide how long/far you want to hike. Today we did a little over 5 miles. We hiked until we were ready to go home and then followed markets to the trail head. The trails are well marked and defined but unless you know how long each spur or loop is your hike could go all day. Definitely need a map. All in all this was a great hike and we will do it again!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

The hike was great. We took our dog with us and had no issues throughout the hike. The area is pretty peaceful, with the exception of the occasional gun shots coming from the sheriffs firing range. We hiked mid day when the weather was in the 90's, but the trees provided ample shade to make it not so bad. There are LOTS of spiders on the trail, so watch out! We encountered several that we almost walked right into. We ended up using our dog leash as a spider web clearer. The trail also becomes confusing about midway, branching off to several other trails.

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Lots of trails to choose from, our 2 pretty active dogs had a great time. My 11yr old complained about all the time she missed on YouTube and my husband acted like he was Bear Gryllis - with equal amounts of comfort and luxuries. We only saw a handful of people which also made he experience great. We'll be back.

Monday, April 25, 2016

I had a great time hiking with my three year old son. This trail seems like it would be really cool for mountain biking but was a very easy trail to hike. The trail head is directly across from the archery range on Argo Rd.

Monday, April 18, 2016

This hiking trail is by far the best that my fiance and I have been on. We took the more difficult level of hiking trail, "Tasty", and it was awesome. If you are not much for a little climbing, hiking on rocky terrain, and lengthy trails then I would chose among the other hiking trails they have available. My fiance and I thoroughly enjoyed the more difficult level. It was only the two of us, super quiet, beautiful landscaping and wooded areas. we got some wonderful pictures during our trip. By the end of our hike, we made it through 5+ miles and have made plans to go back again soon. I would highly recommend Landhal for your place to hike.

Sunday, April 10, 2016