White River Trail System: Red, Blue, Orange and Green Loops

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(263)
Table Rock State Park

White River Trail System: Red, Blue, Orange and Green Loops is a 11.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Branson, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 11.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,194 feet Route Type: Loop

Awesome trail! Be prepared for multiple parts that have no head coverage and wear sun protection. When you’re not out in the open, there is lots of green tunnel, no major views, but overall an excellent and challenging trail.

We did the red loop, connector 2 and the blue loop. According to the chart at the trailhead it should have totaled about 6 miles. We followed the all trails map exactly and it ended up being 8.5. A pretty trail thru the woods, a little muddy in places and rugged but not to much elevation gain. Don’t think I’d do it again. Just not much to see.

Great trail easy to hike it would be great for children to go on!! Beautiful water features!!!

since my derailleur didn't fail this time, I got to enjoy the whole loop without walking back. good trail & conditions. some loose rocks (less than 10%) and some challenging rocky switch back turns. Nice woodsy scenery the whole way with some streams. All in all, highly recommend. intermediate to advanced intermediate difficulty.

Perfect hike for mixed ages, long enough to be interesting, no cliffsides to worry about toddlers wandering off of.

Some trails were closed due to hunting

this trail is quiet , beautiful and has very interesting terrain. It is deep in the woods away from the busyness of Branson . The connecting trail system could have been marked better..

Couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather in early November. My wife and I hiked the red & blue loops and the trails were in good condition and well marked.

nice fall day

Hiked the blue trail. Easy hiking and very well marked.

This is a great trail system at Table Rock State Park. If you take the whole thing, it's 11.75 miles. You can mix it up however you like. I started in the blue parking lot. Took the blue trail to connector 4. Did the orange trail, which turned out to be my favorite! Very quiet & I liked the rock formations. There should also be a waterfall there when it's not August. Took connector 4 back to the blue trail & walked it until I got to connector 2. Took that to the red trail & walked that back to it's parking lot. Maybe 6.2 miles. I would be doing this trail all the time if I lived in the area! I really liked it & wished I had more time to hike it all.

This was a nice trail. The trail top was flat and easy to run. The inclines were gradual and yet provided a decent challenge. The reasoning behind 4 stars was: summer morning came with dense foliage to the point where good views were obstructed, the trail top was easy however it got repetitive and a little boring. I personally prefer rough uneven terrain with a variety of obstacles. For the right type of runner/hiker this would be a perfect trail.

Walked the red loop today. Trail guide says 2.5 miles but my GPS tracked 3.35. Nice shady trail. I would rate easy trail. Watch out for mountain bikers.

Beautiful trail. A little bit of everything. Mostly wooded and shaded but plenty of slow moving streams too.

Fri May 17 2019

Have done them all, very good.

Wed Apr 24 2019

great choices for varying difficulty

Fri Nov 23 2018

The trail is well marked and mostly flat. The trail surface is good and well suited for running or hiking. We did both the red loop and blue loop. There is some scenic views on the blue loop, however, most of the red loop you're in the forest...so not a lot of distant views. We did a little over 5 miles between the loops. Overall easy due to being mostly flat.

Thu Aug 09 2018

Awesome trail! I did nearly all sections and well marked. Connections can be a little tricky but will this app I had no problems.

Sun May 06 2018

Extremely clean, was out all day and saw one piece of trash. The trails are beautiful and vary in difficulty. There's a great waterfall on the blue loop. Loved this trail and will definitely return.

Fri Mar 30 2018

Nice scenery. Not too crowded, went during off season for Branson.

Sat Mar 10 2018

Good combination of rugged and smooth trails, with moderate changes in elevation. It’s true that sometimes the road is nearby, but these trails offer a little bit of wilderness without a long drive. My dog and I ran 6+ miles with only overlapping a short distance on a connector trail. Would definitely run again.

Mon Feb 05 2018

The trails and intersections were very clearly marked. Spend a few minutes looking at the map before you leave to make sure you know exactly which route you want to take. Quite a few different options.

Sat Feb 03 2018

Really beautiful trails and very well marked. We went with some friends today so it was a total of 4 adults, 4 kids, and a dog. We had no issues with it at all. There were a good amount of bikers and trail runners there too. We’ll for sure be back!

Tue Jan 09 2018

Good trails just nothing exciting. Some views of the lake but from very remote and very few spots. Really no bouldering or climbing that we saw

Fri Nov 24 2017

I only hiked the Red trail. It was well marked and a well worn trail with very little chance of getting lost. Although I didn't see any bikers on my hike, it is shared with them so be aware. I did see other hikers. I like to avoid trails near highways due to traffic noise. I go out in the woods to listen to the sounds of nature and to escape city and traffic noise so this was not a trail for me. I would imagine the trails leading further away from the highway would be devoid of traffic noise. That being said, this would be a nice trail for those who want a leisurely walk through some woods.