White River Trail System: Red, Blue, Orange and Green Loops

White River Trail System: Red, Blue, Orange and Green Loops is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Oliver, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I only hiked the Red trail. It was well marked and a well worn trail with very little chance of getting lost. Although I didn't see any bikers on my hike, it is shared with them so be aware. I did see other hikers. I like to avoid trails near highways due to traffic noise. I go out in the woods to listen to the sounds of nature and to escape city and traffic noise so this was not a trail for me. I would imagine the trails leading further away from the highway would be devoid of traffic noise. That being said, this would be a nice trail for those who want a leisurely walk through some woods.

Only had a chance to ride the red trail and part of the blue trail. There were rocky sections that made it challenging and it seems like the blue trail was uphill the entire time. The trails are well marked and well maintained. Had a really good time and workout and suggest that you have some mountain biking experience or plan to walk over some of the tougher rocky sections.

My wife and I spent an enjoyable time on the red trail. Well maintained and we even got to see a few trees showing off their fall colors. Another two weeks or so and it will be full-blown leaf peeping!

very nice trail for a stroll through the woods.

Great trail and you have options on how long you would like to make your trip

This hike includes all of the loops in the White River Trail System. It is a nice hike and there are a few hills but nothing too difficult for the area. It passes though a few glades and power lines, forest and crosses a few roads. It was an awesome hike and with the connector trails is about 11.5 miles. I have seen 3 deer on this trail, that was a nice highlight.

This trail was fun and had varying degrees of difficulty -ranging from easy to moderate. The trail offers "easy" and "advanced" options...with the advanced options simply being a little bit more rocky terrain. We took one of the connector loops and came across the rock bridge...which was great. The trail goes through forests, small fields, and does not have any steep climbs or slopes so overall I'd rate it an easy trail.

Family fun! Neatly marked.