White Buffalo Trail Loop

White Buffalo Trail Loop is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Meramec, Missouri that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

I-44 North Outer Road west of Highway 141 1 Lone Elk Park Rd Saint Louis, MO 63088

1 hour ago

Lots of WW2 ruins, good vistas. Surprised I have not repeated it. Will soon.

Saw elk, bison, deer, ducks and nice people. Can’t beat that.

LOVED this trail and will do time and again. It was a well balanced hike with the moderate climbs sprinkled throughout the three miles. We spotted at least ten deer as well as many tracks of deer and elk. The three miles were marked clearly every mile which was helpful and appreciated.

Saw elk on the hiking trail. Also drove thru the bison area and saw bison resting about 50 yds off the road.

Saw 3 Elk! Fairly hilly but lovely trail!

Awesome views of elk and bison at the park. Narrow trail with some spots of tall plants, so watch out for ticks. Overall a lovely time.

Trail head is a little tricky to find. Elk very close to the trail-seem pretty comfortable being that close to humans. Watch out for ticks-I brought one home with me.

The hike was beautiful with the wild life moving around us unphased the entire time. Be forewarned...the ticks are plentiful!

Great little loop with plenty of wildlife to see. Trail is not technical but there was some loose gravel. Trail is single track for most of the hike. The 3 mile loop took me about and hour.

This was a great hike for our little family. It was short enough that our oldest (5) had minimal complaints. The best part was the experience of seeing elk on the trail in various spots.

We saw deer and turkey on the hike!

Beautiful park and well-marked trail. Elk and deer aplenty. Nearer to roads and lawn mower noise than I'd hoped, but that wouldn't keep me from a return trip.

Really enjoyed this trail run and wouldn't have fared on it as well without the app (trailhead and a couple trail turns that aren't marked well)

Highlights - the windy and hilly trail that opens up to the lake, seeing 6 elk along the way, low traffic on the trail (only saw 3 people), 70 degrees in MO in February

Room for improvement - Trailhead was hard to find, it is located southwest of the parking spots for White Bison Trail. Trail path hard to navigate without the app highlighting the trail.

I'll be back!

Beautiful trail and well maintained. We had elk and deer everywhere, some laying right on the trail.

awesomeness

Monday, October 17, 2016

Great trail! Lots of inclines so this trail is not for anyone with bad knees. Saw a lot of deer and a few elk. Very easy to navigate and not crowded at all. Started our hike about 8:15a and after several stops for some photo ops we were done about 10a.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Pretty boring trail. Even my 6 year old said it was very boring. Also, it is longer than 3 miles. That's at least a 4 mile hike.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Fabulous hike! We saw deer, elk, turkey and bison!!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Besides seeing a few, actually a lot, of elk, the hike was kind of boring. I'm sure families would dig it because anyone can hike it.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Me and my family went in the bison trail awesome kids lived seeing the dear and other animals along the trail .