Weston Bluffs Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Weston, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.0 miles Elevation Gain: 200 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This trail is along the western border of the park and runs parallel to the Missouri River and Burlington Northern Railway. It connects the state park with the city of Weston on the north and with the village of Beverly to the south. The north half of the trail is paved with asphalt while the southe There are 3 trailheads for the Weston Bluffs Trail. One in the city of Weston, one in the state park, and one in the village of Beverly, Missouri. This trailhead is reflective of the one in the state park

Great trail!

This was a great walk with the kids.

Gravel walk along the Missouri River

Easy flat trail, leads you right to downtown Weston. Lots of rabbits, butterflies.

Sun Apr 28 2019

easy trail to follow

Sun Oct 28 2018

Nice hike from the park to either town. Good for bikes as well. Great views of the Missouri River. History info posted along the route.

Sun Aug 12 2018

Clean nice trail , brings you into downtown Weston

Sat Nov 25 2017

Nice place good views

Thu Oct 12 2017

A group of Pickleball players from Topeka hiked this trail starting at the mid point as an out and back. Easy trail with nice views of the river and wooded bluffs. Total distance was ~4 miles.

Fri Aug 25 2017

My husband and I only walked the 1.8 mile stretch from the Weston Bend State Park down to the trail-head near Bethany. This park was gravel rather than paved, which we preferred. The trail was well-cared for and bright. It ran along the edge of Weston Bend State Park and was closely flanked by a railroad track. It had nice views of the river, a bridge over a small creek, and we saw a variety of wildlife, including squirrels and a small garter snake. I would recommend this trail for a gentle walk or bike ride.

Sat Aug 12 2017

A group of six got out there and enjoyed a great trail. The trail is a great length and leads to a great town.

Thu Feb 16 2017

Nice and moderate hike. An easy out and back. Just over six miles if you go end and back to end. It is a mix of gravel road and concrete bike trail. Very clean hike. The scenery over the river is nice. This trail leaves no risk of being lost. Great for dogs.

Sun Oct 30 2016

Ok, i finally did it. from down by antique shops at fork at hwy 92. I used my Trek 7.3 stock with the road n tires. I will use my Trek 820 next time, it has twice the tire on it. Thus is a very cool trail for being mostly gravel, and it was a little deeper for my liking on that Trek fx 7.3. our felt like I was going down a couple times. it was washing me all over the trail. nice scenary. starting to get into some nice fall colors. This isn't the trail you would wanna put a trailer, child seat on with ya. I would take a pretty strong rider to get through it. Still I liked it alot.

Sun Sep 11 2016

Nice for a day hike with some views.

Mon Jul 11 2016

Not really a trail, more of a gravel road (10' wide the entire path) and the trees were grown enough to not provide much of a view of the river. Definitely better for biking since there aren't many views.

Sun Apr 03 2016

great view of the river and some trains along the trail. Had a good time. Great for sight seeing.

Fri Oct 09 2015

Easy trail with great view of the Missouri river and bluffs if hiked in the early spring or late fall. Bike trail ready.

Mon Sep 14 2015

Nice, fairly flat trail that runs along the Missouri River. Good spot marked to veer off the trail and go right down to the river bank. We stopped off at the picnic tables towards the north end for lunch and were pleased to see a water source was provided.

Wed Apr 22 2015

We found the southern trailhead easily, and we were only using verbal directions from a friend. It's a well used walking trail that is gorgeous in the fall and winter. Views of the river and rocky outcrops are very pretty. It's longer than 3 miles out and back, but very enjoyable. Easy easy strolling path, I'd say.

Tue Apr 14 2015

This trail is slightly irritating. I live in downtown Weston so the TH for me is the Northern end. The Northern end is located one block from downtown Weston. It's a one way trail so if completed you walk to the end and back. The Southern TH, what's most likely considered thee TH or where you're directed when map'n it, is tucked away behind some farm land off highway 45. Signage regarding the 'main' entrance needs improvement. You almost feel like your trespassing driving back to the 'main' entrance. The mile markers on the trail give the impression the trail is 1.5 miles down and 1.5 miles back for a total of 3 miles, or 3.25 to be approx. I might be way off but this trail seems longer than 1.5 miles! The trail itself is gorgeous and halfway through you come to an intersecting trail/parking lot of the Weston Bend State Park. They have a restroom and if you have some time I HIGHLY recommend crossing the train tracks and taking the quarter-mile trail to the riverfront. There are two trails, one goes right and the other left, but they both lead to the riverfront. Shafer rest area is at the north end of the trail right before you hit downtown. In my experience the water spicket is never on but one month a year, it seems, and there isn't a lick of shade. Upkeep isn't consistent and it isn't worth a stop in my opinion. Overall I think this trail is inconvenient - in my opinion a 'down and back' trail shouldn't be this long and I wish there was a connecting trail you could use to swing back around. Other locals that I've spoken with about this trail have never even made it to the end (using the northern end as the TH) because the trail is so long they turn around. Those who've made it to the end call a friend to come pick them up at the southern TH because they didn't realize it was so long but wanted to get to the end.

Thu Nov 13 2014

Easy trail for the family to hike or bike. Excellent views of the Mo river. For a group ride, I would recommend riding from Beverly into Weston, hit up O'Malley's for a cold drink, and head back. For a family trip, begin in Beverly and turn into the State Park. There is a nice picnic area right in the park or you can head up hill to the playground. It is a brutal climb to the playground especially if hauling a kid trailer.