University Forest Conservation Area

University Forest Conservation Area is a 7.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Williamsville, Missouri that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Fun, rugged, interesting and actually a 21 mile loop. (see picture). My favorite wilderness trail in SE Mo. Generally open year round but a few downed trees. You can stay on your bike. Appears to get some maintenance and I move what I can. Huge cobble, washouts, mud, water crossings, deep leaves, and fun terrain that keeps your attention. Fat Bike territory, leave the skinny tire FS bike at home! Connects to the Lake Wappapello Trail which connects to the Wappapello Section Ozark Trail. Loops of 40 miles and longer can be done by combining these trails. I live close to the trail and have rode over 300 miles on it in the last two years. I've never seen another bike or track from one on this trail, no hikers, twice some horses, and once a mushroom hunter. I'm up for a ride here more often than not if anyone wants to join me for a ride contact me.

Friday, October 04, 2013