Thoms Station Trail

Thoms Station Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Carl Junction, Missouri that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is an open trail. A large portion of it handicap accessible. For a quick walk out and back - it works. If you're wanting an adventurous hike ---not so much. Beauty in nature is what you make of it.

It was very muddy and washed out, no scenery and we almost got hit in the head with a golf ball.

Is a nice trail but lots of recent storm damage. But the reason for my 2 star was the sewage smell and the cloud of masquitos that chased us. We will return a different day and time in the next few months and see if there is a better time to visit.

I just went there and part of the trail is washed out pretty bad. Also it's under construction. I would choose a different trail

Sunday, August 21, 2016

We, my 10 yo daughter and I completed this trail today started at the north end, walked the length and then back. A pretty nice trail. Flat and easy. If I was a runner this would be a great place to run. The southern half, by the golf course is paved so would be a good place to roller blade.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Sunday, April 24, 2016

The trail was really short, and it had so many different changes in surfacing I was getting really annoyed. There is a pretty part overlooking a creek and some wildlife, but it mostly went along a residential areas and a golf course. Not very scenic.
I will probably do this trail again only because it's so close to my house. But, I will be going back to Audubon and Ruby Jack far more often.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Lovely little stroll. Super flat and easy terrain, half limestone and half paved. This trail winds through the back end of some neighborhoods and behind the golf course, but you are almost constantly surrounded by trees. There isn't a lot visually spectacular, but it us a lovely in town trail. Would be perfect for biking or jogging....or walking of a big dinner!

Thursday, August 27, 2015