Taum Sauk Missouri's Highpoint Trail

Taum Sauk Missouri's Highpoint Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ironton, Missouri that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A walk-up summit in the St. Francis Mountains of Missouri Located in Taum Sauk Mountain State Park this easy walk-up highpoint is even wheelchair accessible. Taum Sauk Mountain State Park also holds the talles waterfall in Misouri, Mina Sauk Falls which drops 132 feet. Although this route doesn't take you to the falls it ay be fun to check them out if you have time. For most highpointers this is a pretty far drive from an interstate though.

Ate lunch by the waterfall! Beautiful day.

Oh my time on the recording is not right accidentally closed out of the app. Luckily it kept most of the info. I averaged about an hour a mile. I also stopped to look at the scenery a lot. It said at the end 11.0miles 10hrs 39 minutes. But that included my time that I stoped and looked at the views, and playing in the water.

Ok so I am a newbie !!! Probably my forth real hike lol. Decided to try backpacking. It was very challenging a lot of rocks everywhere. But I have to say it was beautiful. There was a heavy rain the night before so the waterfalls were beautiful !! And the creak crossings as well. Also pretty muddy in some spots.

I started at taum hauk and headed 5.5 miles towards Johnson shut Ins. Stopped for lunch then headed back. There are a lot of campsites along the way perfect for setting up camp. This would be a fun two or three day hike. You could hike to the shit Ins and then head back. I hope to come back and do it again. I wasn't quite ready to camp out yet.

I went on a holiday weekend. So there were quite a few people out. Mostly at the waterfalls. The waterfalls are 1.2 miles from the start. A lot of people camped out there.

I took boots and water shoes for hiking. The boots were good but hurt my ankles from all the angles with the rocks. But I am happy I took both. It was nice to switch it up.

I have to say this is one of my favorites!! So pretty and love being by the water too. Although in the middle of summer I can imagine it would possibly be kinda dry and not so much water. Another hiker said that after the 5.5 miles there is not as much water. So be prepared if you plan to go all the way through.

Watch your step and have a wonderful time !!!! It is a great hike I think :)

Highest point in Missouri
Been here many times.
Always ready for my next visit !!!!

Monday, September 19, 2016

Rather lack luster for the highest point in Missouri. Simple little path to the stone and plaque

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Simply beautiful.

Monday, August 08, 2016

The tallest peak in Missouri is a rounded knob. You would not know it is the high point in Missouri other than it being marked. I suppose it is a bragging point but it is not spectacular. However, the area in general has great Ozark hiking opportunities. You definately want to do Mina Sauk Falls (in the spring or fall).