Tall Oaks Trail is a 3.4 mile loop trail located near Trenton, Missouri that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 324 feet Route Type: Loop

The Tall Oaks Trail is blazed in yellow. You can enter the trailhead by the campground and amphitheater. There are more rocks and climbing and switchbacks than the Redbud Trail. At one point, you come out of the wooded trail into a meadow with high grasses/shrubs. You walk a grass path for a short time, then back into woods. There is an interesting dry, wide creek bed that you can descend in to from the trail.

bridge out

Two bridges were out and no sign was posted to warn us. The trail is actually 4.6 miles, not 3.4. My dog and I are covered in ticks. My dog has a fresh flea & tick collar on and I sprayed myself with repellent before the hike. I’ve spent the past hour picking ticks off my dog. If these things didn’t happen, then I would have given this trail 4 stars.

Very muddy right now. Lots of snow still on the ground. Nice hike but not much to look at right now. May be better in the fall with color changes

Sun Jul 09 2017

Did all 3 trails in Crowder Park. Tall Oaks Trail had the most to look at. Ran along the lake for awhile. Crossed a few streams, some deer, and a couple steep hills.

recorded Crowder State Park