Swope Park Mountain Bike Trail

Swope Park Mountain Bike Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kansas City, Missouri that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Swope Park is a 18 mile trail located near Kansas City, Missouri. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking.

Excellent hike to get out of the city. I hike this a few time a year.

I would definitely do it again, it's nice, lots of rocks, cool scenery, great hike for being located in the middle of the city. Trail is well defined, though not necessarily marked, or blazed. Used for hiking and mountain biking.

beautiful but rocky path

Solid getaway hike in the city. Pretty easy, moderate elevation change, almost entirely in the trees. Not much wildlife or views that I saw, but peaceful nonetheless. Use the Record feature on the app to follow the trails because they aren't marked very well.

Rode the Rancho D-Lux trail for the first time. Great ride that was smooth and peaceful.

Quiet trail perfect for hiking, biking, and trail running.

This is the best mountain biking trail in Kansas City. It has something for everyone; I feel comfortable bringing beginners to rancho d-lux and feel challenged every time I ride woodchuck run. There's also a downhill only section (the black section on the map) on the south side of the trail off of woodchuck. It's great!!

Loved it!! So beautiful

I use this trail to train for my Rocky Mountain Hikes. It has a lot of variety and good spots to jog/run. I can use it for 12 mile training hike and not get bored. The expansion of the trail is nice!

One of my favorite trails in KC. Just a lot of fun with some hidden awesomeness

love this place... trails for everyone.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Great trail(s) and gives you plenty of elevation but with the expansion, it can be hard to follow at points. Make sure you have the most recent map of the trail system!

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Love it! I like hiking up next to the bluffs! Great for pictures! Great for working out!

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Nice trail great potential but went too early in the season, beautiful weather but little to no greenery out yet. "march 23rd"

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The trails are meant more for mountain bikers, so you may have to yield the way to a few you might encounter. Wear good hiking shoes or boots because the trails are rugged and rocky in most places. This is a great escape from the city that still keeps you in the city. I find the Rancho D-Lux trail to be great for hiking.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Great for hiking with pets and getting a time away! Long trail with many beautiful rocks and out looks.

Thursday, October 06, 2016

I run variations here 3x per week. Easy hike, tough runs. iPhone maps show all trails, check at intersections then take off in loop of choice. Busiest on weekends of course; I was the only human there early on WED afternoon.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

So far, i love the Woodchuck trail and cant wait to knock it out so i can start on the Rancho d' Lux trail.
Took awhile to find a starting point for a trail and when i did start, i had no idea which one i was on because there are slim to none of any signs. Nor, is there any maps on the trail like there is at Shawnee Mission Park trails. I had to go online and print out a map.
Online- i noticed the creators have added on a new phase to the Woodchuck trail but the map does not indicate where the phases even start.
Another downside is that you can hear traffic but its not too bad- its easy to block out when you're enjoying the rocky incline.
Trails are clear and nicely maintained. Not to mention, theyre full of wildlife. Ive seen deer, snakes, birds, squirrels and crazy gnarly spiders. Dont worry, theyre more scared than you are.

All in all, this is a great park with great trails.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Solid, if not unspectacular, multi-trail park about 15-20 min from downtown KC. Can create multiple loops. Minor elevation changes - switchbacks on the Woodchuk Trail are cool. They are expanding that trail. Share with mountain bikers, but you can see them coming. Can hear cars on multiple roads even from the interior trails, so that's not the best. Rocky Bluffs hiking-only trail has some interesting rock formations.

I'd advise taking a picture of the trail map at the start of the trail, as the signage is minimal (though apparent) on the trailheads, and the trails themselves have no paint and aren't otherwise marked.

This trail could only be considered "moderate" in difficulty for someone who is woefully out of shape, though it does, like I said, have some minor elevation changes.

Trails are well-maintained and are visually appealing. Can spot deer. I would recommend trail shoes as it is rocky in some places.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Loved this trail. I can't wait to come back and explore more. Thanks to All Trails that I even knew about it!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The trails are beautiful - you almost forget you're in a city

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Rancho D-Lux: Great trail. Easy to follow. Mostly flat with only a few rocky and/or inclined stretches. We saw a turtle and a young deer!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

I followed the perimeter of the bike trails and then backtracked a little to make this a 9 mile loop. Trails were very well maintained and there were many interesting rock formations along the way. One of the best trails I've been on in the Kansas City area.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Absolutely beautiful trail! Nice and shady to keep you cool in the summer, and very little bugs/spider webs compared to most nature trails. Plus, the trails are absolutely beautiful, and there are tons of tracks you can take! Everything is well marked and well taken care of. Definitely my favorite trail so far!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Beautiful easy walk. took my two dogs and they did great. bring water.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

I think it's the best trail system in the city. Within the park you have a lot of trail options. The scenery is beautiful and the terrain varies quite a bit. My favorite.

Friday, April 08, 2016

I started out my cool crisp Saturday morning here with my dog. I could not have asked for a better trail. The paths I took were all clean and clear of debris and my dog had a blast navigating the trails. We didn't run into any issues during the hike and I can't wait to go back for a longer day. I am sure my furry friend can't either! Happy trails!