cave

This is a decent trail that is probably better experienced in the spring (when the creaks are running with water) or the fall (when you can get a view overlooking the Big River without the trees blocking your way). We did this trail at the end of September and didn't have any trouble with bugs (aided with some off of course). The trail wasn't too crowded on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. We ran into probably 5 other groups during our hike. There are a couple of points that really make this trail moderate. One will be a decent climb up some rocks (or down depending on which way you decide to go). My personal recommendation is to start this trail on the left when you get to the fork. By going left I think the trail is a little easier but maybe not quire as well marked. Along the way you'll see a decent sized sinkhole that has unfortunately been covered. You can still kind of see down into it but the grate makes it difficult. I wish they would have left it uncovered but I'm sure someone probably fell into it at some point. There is also a small order shack just off the trail. I'd be curious to know the back story of it. This was a nice walk in the woods and I'd recommend it after you've done the parks other trail "Mooner's Hollow" (It's easily the better trail).