Saint Stanislaus Trail

Saint Stanislaus Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Florissant, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 200 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

partially paved

The Saint Stanislaus Conservation Area is 810 acres located in North St. Louis County. There are 3.5 miles of trails right along the Missouri River. Users have reported that the trails are not maintained. A portion of this trail is wheelchair friendly, not the whole trail.

Would be much better in winter, with less foliage and dry ground.

I decided to finally check this place out with my dogs today. It was okay. I spent most of my time fighting off spiders the size of Aragogue and trying to figure out where the trail led. The map at the trailhead was not very helpful and I was uncomfortable at one point when I passed what looked like a possible homeless encampment from a trail I had veered off on. I do not recommend whatever route I ended up on. There were also beer cans and bottle scattered everywhere

closed
private property

Mkkyyrw has sw

I accidentally went off this trail onto private property and was shooed off by a crazily angry man on an ATV. I apologized, explained I missed any signage to indicate I was no longer on the conservation area, and he said he wouldn't fall for my stories. I apologized again and turned around to go back the way I came. He followed me, ten feet behind, until I was well onto the St Stanislaus trail again, yelling the whole time that I shouldn't be in his property. .

traffic noise and not the best maintained as we had to go over or under some downed trees...but we enjoyed it for a quick trip outdoors

This trail needs some help from GORC.

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

No trail markings. As a novice hiker, I didn't go too far because I wasn't certain I was going the right way. Muddy and an enormous amount of bugs/mosquitos.

Monday, May 28, 2018

Decent trail, wish it was a little more Maintained

Monday, February 19, 2018

I love this area. I grew up here. This is where I developed my love of hiking.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Excellent wildlife opportunities. And some great ruins to discover from 19th century monks.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The trails are really overgrown and the mosquitos are terrible.

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

This has a few different trails and I wish someone would have explained it to me, so I will explain it here. There is no postings of the trails. There are technically 4 trails. If you park on the left side coming from 370 there are 3 trails. 1. A short paved trail through the bottom of the hill. It is very short and very overgrown with honeysuckle. 2. A trail that looks like a country road to the left that goes pretty far to the Missouri river. I haven't gotten to the river as the mosquitoes were bad and it was overgrown and I had my 10 mos old with me. There are some pretty open glades or flood plains. It eventually tapers to a smaller trail. very hot in the summer. 3. This trail goes up the hill. After you go over a bridge and start the incline. It's not fun when muddy. It isn't marked well and can be very overgrown. I've done this trail in fall and enjoyed it. At the top i turned left and there is a partial overlook of the flood plain. If you park on the right parking area on the other side of the street you will have the 4th trail. 4. A paved trail that ends at a clearing with a bench. it's a nice walk not so much if a hike. You can hike after that clearing. Lots of spiders and over growth. It would be a decent hike if kept up. Overall it saddens me that these trails aren't kept but I'd think it maybe difficult with the flooding. Too many mosquitoes are too be expected, it's a flood plain. The over growth is cumbersome. I tried to like it.

Monday, January 02, 2017

The trails aren't marked and it is very easy to end up on the private property.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Go watch the sunset on top of the hill on the trail with the bridge.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Worst trail. Garbage was all over the trails, standing smelly water, HUGE flies following the whole way. Wasn't kept up well at all.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

This was the worst trail I have ever hiked. I even ended up on a completely different trail by following the this one. It is disgusting. Standing water, mosquito breeding ground, low hanging vegetation, no animals. It's not marked well, obviously. If you want to get eaten alive by bugs and slide in mud while taking in the stench of the standing water, hike here. I have hiked quite a few trails in Missouri and this is, by far, the worst.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

First left off fork was a little creepy...trash and stagnant water. And it led to private property during hunting season! The middle trail on fork was steep but worth hike.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

yeah i like this trail..not fancy..no markers. nice scenery. next time i'm taking a plastic bag to pick up trash on my backtrack..its a real no frills dirt path...easy to follow. not difficult at all but not boring either...

Sunday, October 18, 2015

loved this trail. hiked it with my six year old and was just what we were looking for. some steep hills but lots of fun!!

Friday, May 22, 2015

Nice trails. I walked back towards the Missouri River and everything was quiet and not many people at all. I found a lean to structure that someone had built. Unfortunately the empty beer cans were there too.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hiked the southern portion from the eastern parking lot, south of Aubuchon Road. Good aerobic climb up the bluff. Crossed the meadow and walked the trail in the rugged hollow area. Will go back to do the north half. No one there, so it was peaceful. No bugs, ticks, chiggers or poison ivy to contend with this time of year. About four miles total for this portion. Highly recommend this time of year. Trail leads to two different subdivisions. Evidence of mountain bikes on the trail

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Great trail along the river but stay on the river side of the purple paint marks on trees as that marks posted and private property. We ran into the owner. Not good.

Monday, August 25, 2014

This trail is NOT FOR MOUNTAIN BIKING in my opinion. the trails is not well maintained from the start there are trees that have fallen over and they cut the trunks to step over but clearly not to ride over. it is probably good for some hiking and that is why I gave it 3 stars.

Saturday, August 02, 2014

This is a great local trail! Awesome views and clean trails. I run these a few times a week

Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Good local trail located just outside the 270 loop in St. Louis. Trail is well maintained for the most part, but does have blow downs and some of it is a little over grown. Transitioning from the bottoms to the bluff has a short but very steep trail. Lots of wildlife and views of the MO River.

Monday, July 22, 2013

This trail does have some very scenic vistas and can be quite adventurous. My problems with the trails are they are not maintained. I feel like I am bushwhacking. Also by some rubble there was some broken glass.