Springfield Conservation Nature Center Trail Loop

Springfield Conservation Nature Center Trail Loop is a 2.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Springfield, Missouri that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

paddle sports

Open Daily 8:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. from March 1 to October 31, and 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. during the remainder of the year. Please No pets, bicycles, or roller blades, hunting, fishing or alcohol.

Horrible..the people working there were very very rude.

Excellent for bird watching! I will be back.

Nice scenic trail to hop on for a quick relaxing hike without going far from town.

The trail itself was nice, well maintained and semi marked (a few of the side paths don't tell you where to go so you kinda take best judgement) overall it was a nice trail and the staff at the information center where a great help, I told them about a owl I saw and they tried to help me track down the one it was! I would do this trail again, but it was very crowded that is the only downside also on the "long trail" there are two steep up hill parts that may be harder on some people.

Beautiful trails, easy to follow, great for beginners.

This is a free trail that is fun and great for families.

Nicely kept trails with a variety of beautiful scenery, great walkways, and neat bridges that have great views of the water. There are numerous trails with varying degrees of distance and difficulty. The only reason I didn't rate this a 5 is because of the traffic noise from the nearby highway; however, after a few minutes into the hike it seems to lessen. I highly recommend it. I also recommend going during the week day if you want to avoid crowds. I went on a Monday and it wasn't crowded at all.

It was so awesome! I go to Missouri State Uni, it wasn't a far distance away. Tons of trails, gorgeous scenery! 10/10 would recommend!

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Close to Springfield, easy trail. I use it mainly to train for trail runs and backpack endurance.

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Hiked all over with my granddaughters. We went for 2 1/2 hours, going from one trail to the next. We had asked multiple people along the way if the "trail looped back to the Nature Center"? Everyone said yes. We ended up in Sequiota Park. Finally a map! It didn't loop back to where we started. We called a taxi.
More maps are needed! We would go again, just make some different trail choices.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

A beautiful trail system teeming with flaura and fauna. A number of very nice bridges cross numerous creeks and streams. Excellent for trail runs, getting the kids out of the house, or to get yourself away for nature walks/hikes. It's listed as moderate but, this rating would be directed more toward those who rarely get outdoors and happen to suddenly decide they want to take a walk in the woods. I would lean toward an 'easy' rating for those who regularly engage in hiking and trail running, or those who typically participate in other outdoor activities requiring any amount of physical excursion.

Friday, August 26, 2016

Nice close location but not a lot to look at.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Nice little area outside of the city. Nature trails that are good for walking, and you get some good views of the James River.

Monday, August 15, 2016

I took my 3 kids on the trail.
They had such a great time, they made me take them again before we left town. It had a great nature center at the end to cool off after the trail.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

This is the most well cared for trail! Busy on a Sunday morning, but not crowded.
Beautiful views of the river. Lovely wildflowers at almost every turn.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Beautiful! Easy

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Easy terrain. Pretty scenery.

Monday, March 07, 2016

One of our quick standby places to hike.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Nice pawed paths, great to go with kids, easy. Lots of squirrels to see, birds and deer.

Sunday, November 01, 2015

Pros: pretty scenery, enjoyable trails, multiple trails w/ varied distances, lots of deer to see.

Cons: high traffic on nice days, can hear the highway nearby, no dogs allowed.

Friday, October 23, 2015

Walked the Long Trail, sign said 2.1miles. Might have been a little further than that. BEAUTIFUL colors this time of year. Seen lots of deer even a few babies, also a couple turkey. Place is packed full of squirrels and many birds. It was a nice walk that crosses the river that I was able to enjoy with my dad.