Shaw Nature Reserve Trail

Shaw Nature Reserve Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pacific, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Shaw Nature Reserve was my first experience with hiking and I still love coming here. You can make your hike as short or as long and as easy or difficult as you like. For this trip, I put together part of the Brush Creek Trail, Prairie Trail, Wetland Trail and part of the Wolf Run Trail for an approximately 4 mile hike. I highly recommend this location.

My favorite place. Hike all the trails to get different aspects of nature. awesome for kiddos too. Has lake, historic houses, prairie, beautiful tree groves, wildflowers, gardens, wooded trails, ponds, river and glades. It has everything. I wasn't a fan of the bluff view. It was blocked so not much of a view. It's the only thing missing. So many trails that you can pick a long hike or a short one. Love love love this place and I am picky. Go!

Very nice trail

Beautiful

great trail, just challenging enough for a beginner hiker. pretty well marked, trails are nicely groomed. beautiful scenery!

What a pleasant discovery. Lots of diversity in terms of ecosystems. Mainly on Wildflower and BrushCreek Trail so lots of scenery--then climbed down to the river---worth it! The climb out was rough (steep) but challenging---caught me a few chiggers through a narrow overgrown trail. Will return & figure how to make this into a loop.I

Pretty scenery. Trails are easy to run. Navigating is a little difficult but I'm sure if u do it more than once would b fun!

Sunday, June 19, 2016