Sac River Trail

Sac River Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Springfield, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and mountain biking and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Awesome trail with amazing scenery. My son and I were lost somewhere around 4 hours, because the trails are not clearly marked however it was enjoyable and peaceful. My son used Google Earth to find our way out.

Great scenery but the trails were VERY POORLY marked. I got lost for a while. I saw a lot of wild life! Went home with lots of little ticks. Probably wouldn’t recommend.

Pretty scenery, but the trails are poorly marked and no longer connected to the Greenways Trail system. Perfect for a picnic, fishing or canoeing.

meh

Love this place. Have been here a couple times and both times saw a lot of wildlife.

Great place for kids and dogs. Really well maintained.

Not too bad of a trail, but they are not well marked and a GPS may not be a bad idea.

Nice scenery and great for a stroll through the woods. I would not suggest going for a few days after it rains, since the paths can get very muddy.

This place is very close to Springfield and there are actually several trails in the area. It is more a "walk in the woods" than a hike and there was no particular scenery to look at. It would be excellent on a mountain bike, I think.

The trail isn’t marked - at all. We made several switch backs not know what trail we were on.... 3 hours later we finally made it out. They need to update trail markers and put maps on the posts. It is a beautiful setting though.

Great for hiking and mountain biking! May be useful for inexperienced hikers to download the map.

Good hiking trail, a lot of diversity in terrain and in views, which makes it fun. This trail is not very well marked and it is easy to get lost. Using a map is suggested or go with someone who is familiar with the trail. While hiking this trail, it is advisable to be on the lookout for bikers. We had a couple close calls but if you pay attention, you'll be fine. Our dog loved this trail and had fun taking a break to swim in the river.

Saturday, December 24, 2016

I personally love Sac trails. I hike, bike and trail run there. Trails are very tight and technical on MTB and runs. Hiking is good with the kids and just to spend time in God's handwork. Advice: pack water and know your trail(map). 10 years ago as a newbie, it was fairly easy to get turned around in the upper portion of the trails. If on the bike, wear a helmet, and pack a spare tube... plenty of Locust thorns. Otherwise, enjoy this very quiet trail system.

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Trails could be better marked. Good trail for hiking or biking.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

First real attempt at mountain biking. Probably should have used the beginners trail! But has a great time and didn't crash on the moderate one. Loved it, now I'm hooked.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

This trail is mostly for biking. Majority of it was flat. I even jog half of it. There are some rocky paths and a stream. The smell of the pine trees was lovely.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Good easy hike. Mostly flat.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Nice little hike. Looked like there is a lot of people using it by how busy the parking lot, but never saw that many people. If you walk to the end of the dirt road there is a fishing pond.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Was a good hike overall. Did the hike with my two sons it was challenging enough to enjoy but not to much for them.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

It was very fun and I will definitely do it again! The nature was beautiful and we found an old house that was really cool.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

wet & muddy, but did the fat tires, good work out, fun and challenging, we enjoyed!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

This is now one of the best mt. bike/trail running parks in Southwest Missouri. There are now 9 miles of trails with something for all skill levels. There is a short connector road to Ritter Springs park which gives you another 3-4 miles of trails. Unfortunately, these can only be used for hiking and running. There is a bathroom at the Ritter trailhead but it is not open in Winter. This is not a good trail system when it is wet. Very muddy!