Route 66 State Park Trail

Route 66 State Park Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Eureka, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail to introduce the kiddos to bike riding. There were a couple little trails that were “off road” and some pretty views of the river along the way. Fun times had by all.

learn the history and hike the trails to see if you can spot any traces of the old community.

learn the history of the park before you hike. fun to see if you can spot any trace of the old town

Flat and not very interesting, but easy walking!

Sunday, January 01, 2017

The south loop trail was an actual hiking trail but it was very short (1.5 miles) - The outer loop was just on a gravel road for part of it and a paved road for the rest (3.25 miles total). Pretty boring - not really much to see - there were some shorter trails that branched off from the outer loop but I didn't have time for those and the trails were poorly marked in this area.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

A pretty place, but not my kind of trail. I like a lot more scenery and ruggedness to negotiate. This would be great for families with kids or maybe someone needing some easy walking to start an exercise program. Quite flat. You want to be sure and spray bug spray that repel mosquito as they are really bad here. If you ride your horses here, be sure they're used to the sound of traffic on an interstate bridge as you will be riding underneath one and it's loud.

Monday, July 11, 2016

I love this place, my partner's family had a place out here years ago ! the history is awesome. it was my first park I visited when I moved here 11 years ago. good place to walk your dog's ( brings bags ! ) worth the drive from south county.

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Did the outlerloop. Not that scenic, very flat. Probably would be more fun to bike.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Nice easy 2 mile loop. Looking forward to trying the large loop

Monday, October 26, 2015

I only hiked a mile and a half on the outer loop and after the same creepy guy passed me 3 times in 15 minutes I pretty much ran back to my car.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Finding a paved trail was difficult. A lot of the trails we would park at, walk up to the trail, and realize it was completely overgrown and only feasible if we had a horse. Found one great, paved trail, but it was only 2 miles and didn't provide much shade, or much to look at. Will most likely not be back

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Nice trail for a run more so than hiking. It could use more signs. I was following the green trail but after the trailhead there was no signage at all.

Monday, March 04, 2013

Not really a hiking trail, but a great place to take the dog and the family.

Friday, July 06, 2012

I did not enjoy the hiking trail too much. The trail is more of just a walk and less of a hike. The trail is very wide and easy. Would be nice for a family walk. The park itself is nice for road biking and roller blading. The paved road gets pretty busy on the weekends. I did see some deer on the walk

Sunday, April 09, 2017