Rocky Top Trail

Rocky Top Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kaiser, Missouri that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 262 feet Route Type: Loop

We enjoyed this trail! There were a couple nice uphill spots for a bit more of a challenge, but a lot of nice flat and shaded areas. Nice wildlife - saw 4 deer and some lizards - and beautiful views of the water.

We went very early and hiked with two young children. My 3.5 did most of the trail himself. I loved the diverse terrain- woodsy, hilly, grassy, cliff views... and a playground at the end

Nice trail. It doesn't take long. We went slowly and were done in 1.5 hours. A very pretty view of the lake from the top of the bluffs halfway through. Keep pets and children away from the edge. There were several muddy spots, but we've had a lot of rain lately. It's definitely worth your time.

This is such a beautiful trail. The bluff was gorgeous. The trail was narrow and extremely muddy in certain spots. It is marked. I would definitely do it again.

had a fantastic day in the woods!

Easy trail with beautiful lake views. I go fairly often and I’ve never run into any other hikers. It’s a simple and quick hike.

Well kept trail with few others. Great Lake views!

great hike, beautiful scenery. we went on Christmas Eve and expected no other hikers but saw 3 families, a few singles, and a trail runner. beginning and end of the loop are pretty unsteady for feet. sharp rocks and a little challenging for little ones. but after that the trail was 5 star all the way. gorgeous view of the lake.

I thought it was really pretty! The lookout point that overlooks the river is well worth it. It’s a fairly easy trail. Narrow, but not too much of an incline. Mostly throw the woods, but there is a pretty field and overlook of the river. Boaters seem to be really friendly. They’ll wave as the boat by.

Nice view of the lake. Easy trail with some rough terrain.

Beautiful trail, but we walked through a patch of seed ticks. Worth checking out if you’re in the Ozarks

Has some great views not blocked by vegetation. We did encounter 3-4 down trees that blocked the trail and we couldn't hop over without walking off the trail some. Much to our delight, we didn't encounter one tick! Overall I recommend it!

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Wonderful trail that passes along the lake before crossing a wet weather creek and ascending into the woods. A couple of glades are on the south loop and the views of the lake are best here. The trail loops back across the creek and ascends through the woods before popping out onto a beautiful open rocky ridge (hence the trail’s name I’m guessing) that is a tenth of a mile in length and like something you would find at Ha Ha Tonka.

Sunday, July 08, 2018

This was a really beautiful trail. I didn't do the the two loops together, just one and it kept me busy for about 45 minutes. The loop I did had a nice view of the lake too. I recommend it.

Friday, May 11, 2018

Very pretty, hike through wooded areas,field, back into the woods, and back around to walk along the lake. Main trail is 2 miles took my family about an hour to walk at a quick pace. The name describes the trail "rocky." Overall a very nice trail, secluded wouldnt recommend for small children unless you dont mind a work out to have to carry them in certain areas.

Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Great hike! Great views

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Beautiful

Saturday, March 31, 2018

A little muddy today but great views. Enjoyable

Saturday, March 03, 2018

Best trail at the lake without driving to Ha Ha Tonka. Nice variety of meadow, lakeside, and overlook. Pretty rocky but not too muddy, even the day after a rain. Took about an hour at a moderate pace.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Great trail . Easily accessible, well-maintained And beautiful views. Perfect for a short hike or even a run.

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Well maintained trail. It's a beautiful fall hike; vibrant colors and great view of lake along the bluffs. Only saw one other hiker so it feels like a hidden gem. Provides a great break from all the bustle of main street just minutes away.

Friday, October 27, 2017

Saw 2 bucks down in the valley!

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Great trail for active kids and their parents. Nine year old handled the rocky terrain without a problem. Great views of the lake.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

The 2nd loop overlook on the trail is worth it to see such a great view of the lake. At the end of the trail was a small meadow you go through before entering the parking lot. The meadow was my favorite part of the trail.

Monday, August 28, 2017

Great, quick trail, great place to take a break from a long road trip. Close to the highway and restaurants, but quiet and serene. Beautiful views of lake, lovely walk through forest and grassland. Slightly slippery in parts. Swimming area close by.

Friday, August 04, 2017

good family hike with nice views at overlook and back down to the lake edge on second loop. a little rocky throughout, so watch your step.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Fun, easy trail for me & my 7 mo pup. Beautiful views of the lake.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Saturday, March 04, 2017

Wonderful view of the lake. Very Rocky. Wear appropriate shoes!

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Relatively easy hike. Very little elevation, but the path is quite rocky in places that may make their hike difficult for some.