Rock Quarry Trail

Rock Quarry Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glencoe, Missouri that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Rockwoods Reservation is located in western St. Louis County. To reach Rockwoods Reservation, exit I-44 at Highway 109 and continue 4 miles north to Woods Avenue. Go left on Woods, then right on Glencoe Road.

Definitely challenging with elevation gains. We ended up veering off Lime Kiln to take Trail Among The Trees and then to Rock Quarry and back again. Both are pretty scenic, though Lime Kiln is more challenging. Would visit again. Lots of downed and dead trees in some spots, with just a few parts of the trail blocked by such (but still navigable). Part of a bridge is out on Trail Among the Trees so there is a detour around it, though we ended up going that way anyway and climbing up the side. We went on a week day and there was little to no other hikers there.

Great fun with the family. Steep hills for little ones.

great trail, more crowded than I like when trying to get out and enjoy nature.

Beautiful trail for wildflowers

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Short trail but one of my favorites. I have walked this trail several times. I think it is like a childhood memory type of thing. Very easy trail. I remember hiking this with my grandma as a kid. Has a cool old quarry towards the end. To look at it requires leaving the trail fro a bit.