Roanoke Park Trails

Roanoke Park Trails is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Kansas City, Missouri that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good hike in the middle of the city. There are multiple trails the intersect by road crossing. Looks like a place that people party at night because some spots have a lot of broken glass. Some blazes. Would recommend to walk, I wouldn't recommend a trail run.

The trails aren't well marked. A couple of girls even stopped asked me where they were. After wandering around for a bit, I found one, but after a few hundred feet, I turned back because of a vagrant dwelling. I found another across the street, but it wasn't maintained at all, and I also came across more vagrant dwellings. Once I got back to the main road (Karnes), I walked up up by the basketball courts and found a trail that was ideal, maintained and safe.

I considered bringing my dog on this quick hike, but decided against it because of the heat. I'm glad I didn't because there was a lot of broken glass along the whole thing. Must be a popular hidden hangout spot. Fun hike though in the middle of the city!

These trails aren't very distinct or maintained, but the area is beautiful and my favorite place to walk in KC

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

The trail was too easy, too short, and there was trash on scattered throughout the walking area.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

LOVED this quick & easy trail!

Monday, October 12, 2015

I live near Roanoke Park and use them fairly regularly. The trails have been improving ever since they've been developed for mountain biking. It seems folks other than neighbors have been using them, which leads to clearer and better-maintained trails.

I have only hiked them so far, and I'll admit to being a littel nervous about mountainbiking on a slope like this-- I'm just too new to this and too wreck-prone.

Saturday, June 06, 2015

A fun little wooded trail in a fun little neighborhood. After I finished the trail, I walked to 39th Street and treated myself to some ice cream.

Sunday, October 02, 2016