Powder Valley Nature Center Trail

Powder Valley Nature Center Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sunset Hills, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

I did all the trails to see what my 10-year-old might be willing to do. She could do any of them, but I plan to try the long loop with her first - the most variety and water.

I did the Hickory Trail long loop and while there are definitely more challenging multi-terrain and/or remote local trails, I found it a very nice pre-work workout. I went very early and I did not see anyone else, there were plenty of deer and their babies, and enough inclines to get a decent cardio workout. Definitely better than a trip on the treadmill!

kid friendly. fairly easy walk

Easy for small children; beautiful scenery

Not dog friendly

I walked all 3 (technically 4) trails here one afternoon. A few things to consider: all pathways are paved entirely, it is very close to 270 so there is a lot of road noise, and it is NOT dog friendly.

It does have some scenic views, however, and I did see wildlife along the trail. There are several streams you will pass by and over.

If you're looking for a place to become immersed in nature, it is a little hard to do with all of the road noise from the nearby highways, but if you're looking for a scenic walk this is not a bad stop.