Pickle Creek Loop to Whispering Pines Trail

Pickle Creek Loop to Whispering Pines Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ste Genevieve, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This entire trail follows Pickle Creek, which is a beautiful shut-ins stream. This persistent stream has carved its way through the surrounding sandstone to its present course. The result is a clear, sandy-bottom creek strewn with water-sculpted granite boulders and exposed sandstone bluffs.

I loved that rock formations and the view was breathtaking!!

One of my favorite hikes in Missouri.

While this trail is scenic, there are several rocks full of sand that is slippery at times.

A very rocky trail. Scenic at times, but watch your footing. The trail across the creek was not clearly marked. So we doubled back. It was a struggle, but the "lady with the knee brace," trudged out. We stopped by the ranger shack on the way out. We learned someone reported "a lady in a knee brace in trouble." Thank you for your concern. She is now resting in bed.

Great hike with the kiddos!

Great hike, lots of interesting features around every turn. Easy to moderate hike. A definite must see

Awesome hike! Beautiful area.

loved this trail

Whispering Pines portion of trail needs maintenance for fallen trees.Almost impossible to find portion of trail which returns to trailhead. Pickle Creek is beautiful.

I've been camping at Hawn with my family all my life. This trail is always a favorite. Features a nice swimming hole so hiking even on hot days is always fun!

Beautiful hike! It makes you feel like you are not in Missouri. We hike this trial often and continue to be amazed by it.

This was one of my fiancees favorite hikes. We had a 2 year old the whole time and it was difficult and pretty rocky so make sure you wear very good shoes. Very beautiful. Saw lots of lizards during summer.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Lovely precursor to the whispering pines. Total hike 8.67.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

This place is awesome for dogs! The while family had a blast.

Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Love this trail!

Friday, November 18, 2016

What a Great Park to Camp and Hike. I will return for sure !

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

one of the best trails especially in the fall season. THE Water Is CLEAN And drinkable with purification .
The South and North Loop are longer but fairly easy to do.

ALL Trails ARE CLEARLY Marked And easy to follow.

bparks St Louis.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

I just did the pickle creek loop and it was gorgeous! I loved the changing terrain and climbing large rocks on the trail. This is the type of trail you want to visit every season to check out the beautiful scenery! Many great places to sit on large flat rocks by the creek and take in the tranquil view and sounds.

Friday, July 15, 2016

beautiful!

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Wonderful after the heavy rainfall but my daughter and I could not find a crossing to make the loop! We met another hiker who entered via Whispering pines who was also unable to cross. The point is that after a heavy rain this little creek is really voluminous!