Ozark Park Trail

Ozark Park Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ozark, Missouri that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This riverside trail is very busy so it’s best walked early in the morning or after a rain. The first third is paved and my son enjoyed the animal track impressions in the pavement with signs that identified the animal making the tracks. The highlights include several Three-Toed Box Turtles crossing the trail and a possible Great Horned Owl that we spooked from its perch.

Definitely good for beginner hikers or bikers. Some of its paved until you get out on the trace trail part of it.

I somehow ended up walking a paved trail that started at the Ozark Community Center. It was a pretty trail but I will need to complete the actual Trace Creek section trail.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Did a 8.5 trek, not planned, but was great!

Friday, June 24, 2016

Very nice forest hike. Moderate difficulty. Went from Hazel creek to council bluffs lake.

Thursday, October 08, 2015

As I said 8 months ago I was going on this Trace Creek section of the trail. it was a great hike and really enjoyed it. My group and I made a 2 dayer out of it. I could not got the mobile app to work reliably. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. The mileage was way off compared to the Garmin GPS we had also. I paused it the first night to save my battery and then when I turned it back on it cleared my previous track from the day before so it was basically useless.
The Trace Creek section was great but the link to the map above is NOT the Trace Creek section of the Ozark trail......It is some dinky trail near Ozark MO Completely different just for your info. However the few photos above are from the Trace Creek trail. I will post some of mine as soon as I can.

Friday, May 16, 2014

This needs some clarification... The Ozark Trail that's 26 miles is not where this is going to take you. The coordinates for this trail take you to a paved trail that's 3-4 miles long in Ozark, MO. Not quite the scenic trail I had my hopes up for. It does run along the Finley River and there are several places to go right up to it and dunk your toes in, so for a nice afternoon stroll is a great place. It's not a hike. It's all paved. If you're looking for the trail in the description of this, you need to be looking around Johnson's Shut - In. which by the way if you haven't been to, is a MUST DO for anyone who enjoys the outdoors. Google it, pack your swim suit and go.

Sunday, September 02, 2012

I like this trail. It's near my home. It starts at the Ozark, Missouri Community Center.
You will want to wear some bug repellant if you go into the wooded part. Last time I was there I got lots of chiggers.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017