Old Kate Trail

Old Kate Trail is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Parkville, Missouri that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

Old Kate Trail is located in a small urban forest that takes you through second growth timber, old pasture, over a boardwalk the overlooks a wet area along a stream and past a small waterfall.

This is one of best Nature I ever hiked there! This area is so amazing!!! When I got home from this park, I really felt greatly satisfied. I will definitely go back there again! So tranquil! Strongly encouraged!!!

Beautiful trail

wide and well traveled trail... quietest is in the late fall and winter

What a cute little park not far outside KC. We hikes this trail before making an 8 hour drive back to Denver. Got to see some more fall colors long after all the leaves were already gone in Denver.

One of the cooler short trails in Kansas City. Always lots of people (and kids) around so if you're looking for peace and quiet this isn't it. Nice views and maintained well.

Excellent views, easy length for kids

This is a nice trail with a lot to see over a short distance. A waterfall, a creek, a big hill to climb, a boardwalk and a little cabin. The trailhead is very easy to find and the trail is well marked. My six year old and I had a great time. There are other trails at this trailhead if you'd like something longer too.

love this one.

This is a beautiful trail. We were having Colorado withdrawals and found this fun little place to explore to help us ease back into home after vacation. Took our toddler and he loved it! Had to be carried off and on but enjoyed walking a lot of it.

Great trail, we did all the trails, great views waterfall was nice too.

Nicely maintained, great for a walk/hike. The waterfall was particularly beautiful after the rainfall over the last several days.

This is a true oasis of peace. In the heat of summer, the shaded trail offers a nice break. I saw 3 deer today, listened to the song of countless birds, and heard the rustle of many squirrels in the leaves. The many little streams add a calming babble, and the waterfall is a great destination to enjoy.

This trail is beautiful!! Great for beginners or people that need a paved path.

Amazing weather
Perfect hike for kids getting excited about nature!

Lovely short hike. With the odd critter.

Awesome trails

Great all purpose trail and I will make future visits back with the rest of the family. Provides good training and is still easy enough for the kids to walk with out packs. The scenery was much more than I was expecting to see!!

A nice easy walk on well-kept trails.

twas a nice day for a hike!

Some hills and some uneven surfaces. Easy to moderate hike. Not handicap accessible. No dogs.