Old Kate Trail is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Parkville, Missouri that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

partially paved

Old Kate Trail is located in a small urban forest that takes you through second growth timber, old pasture, over a boardwalk the overlooks a wet area along a stream and past a small waterfall.

Love the waterfall!!
Nice hike and several benches to sit take in the scenery.

Beautiful scenery, well maintained. Would recommend coming to the falls after a good rain storm.

The trail is well maintained and part of it is a boardwalk. There is a neat waterfall along the way and plenty of bluebird houses, though I didn't see any bluebirds this morning.

cute little trail, cleared well, and my sister and I loved our mile walk

Pretty little waterfall. I went in Jan, a few days after some snow and freezing temps, and although the weather had warmed up, there was still some ice in the water making the experience more unique. There were a few slick and icy parts on the trail as well.

Sunday, December 10, 2017

This is one of best Nature I ever hiked there! This area is so amazing!!! When I got home from this park, I really felt greatly satisfied. I will definitely go back there again! So tranquil! Strongly encouraged!!!

Saturday, December 02, 2017

Beautiful trail

Thursday, November 30, 2017

wide and well traveled trail... quietest is in the late fall and winter

Sunday, November 26, 2017

What a cute little park not far outside KC. We hikes this trail before making an 8 hour drive back to Denver. Got to see some more fall colors long after all the leaves were already gone in Denver.

Sunday, November 05, 2017

One of the cooler short trails in Kansas City. Always lots of people (and kids) around so if you're looking for peace and quiet this isn't it. Nice views and maintained well.

Saturday, October 07, 2017

Excellent views, easy length for kids

Sunday, August 27, 2017

This is a nice trail with a lot to see over a short distance. A waterfall, a creek, a big hill to climb, a boardwalk and a little cabin. The trailhead is very easy to find and the trail is well marked. My six year old and I had a great time. There are other trails at this trailhead if you'd like something longer too.

Monday, August 21, 2017

love this one.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

This is a beautiful trail. We were having Colorado withdrawals and found this fun little place to explore to help us ease back into home after vacation. Took our toddler and he loved it! Had to be carried off and on but enjoyed walking a lot of it.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Great trail, we did all the trails, great views waterfall was nice too.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Nicely maintained, great for a walk/hike. The waterfall was particularly beautiful after the rainfall over the last several days.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

This is a true oasis of peace. In the heat of summer, the shaded trail offers a nice break. I saw 3 deer today, listened to the song of countless birds, and heard the rustle of many squirrels in the leaves. The many little streams add a calming babble, and the waterfall is a great destination to enjoy.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

This trail is beautiful!! Great for beginners or people that need a paved path.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Amazing weather
Perfect hike for kids getting excited about nature!

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Lovely short hike. With the odd critter.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Awesome trails

Monday, April 10, 2017

Great all purpose trail and I will make future visits back with the rest of the family. Provides good training and is still easy enough for the kids to walk with out packs. The scenery was much more than I was expecting to see!!

Monday, February 20, 2017

A nice easy walk on well-kept trails.

Saturday, February 18, 2017

twas a nice day for a hike!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Some hills and some uneven surfaces. Easy to moderate hike. Not handicap accessible. No dogs.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Wonderful trail.

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Beautiful

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Great trails. You can go on so many different paths. Felt very safe and there are plenty on other people there.. Have fun on this one...

Friday, August 05, 2016

One of my local favorites

Friday, July 08, 2016

Very pretty and peaceful!