Meramec State Park Campground and Bluff View Trail

Meramec State Park Campground and Bluff View Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sullivan, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

canoeing

cave

Park contains a premiere Visitor Center, Shelters and picnic areas, Fee camping from rental cabins RV sites, tent sites and backpacking camp sites on some of the park trails. Full shower and laundry amenities

whitewater kayaking

A nice hike.. A little bit of everything as far as Missouri goes.

25 y/o male, casual hiker. I hiked this route in about 1.5 hours, but could have probably made it in around 50 minutes if I didn't stop anywhere.

Fantastic microcosm of Missouri's hills! Great mix of loose and dense woods, tallgrass fields, rocky bluffs, river views, and even a gaping gave if you step a little off of the trail. There has clearly been some campfires along the trail, from the burnt logs and bleached rocks, but generally felt very isolated and peaceful, even so close to the roads.

There were a few, small steep sections I was very glad to have a walking stick for, so scavenge one up for yourself.

I hiked the trail between 7 and 8:30 pm, with sunset around 9, and the only downside of my trek was the sheer number of spider webs! I ended up holding my walking stick up as a web breaker for the last 1/4 mile, and even then I'm sure I brought one or two tiny arachnids home. A broad-brim hat would have been great.

There is one point which goes all the way down to the river's edge, and you could get into the water and swim if you care. Fishermen travel up and down in their speedboats, so be watchful of the sound of approaching motors.

very quick but gorgeous hike. my favorite in meremac state park

Great little trail with view of the Meramec and a couple of CCC shelters

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Good trail, took me and three kids an 1 1/2 hours. Couple of views of river and some shelters along the way. Saw a few deer along trail.

Monday, June 06, 2016

great trail

Friday, October 09, 2015

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Beautiful scenic trails although not well maintained- lots of trees and branches down on the trails or I would've given 5 stars! We completed the Deer Hollow Trail to Fisher Cave and Bluff View trail, the trailheads are at same parking lot, for a total of 4.2 miles!

Sunday, April 26, 2015