Maple Woods Natural Area Trail

Maple Woods Natural Area Trail is a 1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kansas City, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Maple Woods Natural Area trail meanders through a small suburban forest of old growth timber. The trail begins by crossing a foot bridge, swings left along a small creek before ascending the hill, down the other side and back to the trailhead.

Perfect for kids! Nice wooded area. a little city noise, but the convenience is worth it!

I gave this 5 stars for mountain biking on my own or hiking it. Very intense trail. The "easy" rating it's given is a huge misconception, though. I went with my 2 kids and the trailer to pull them on my bike knowing that the app said it's easy and for all activities. I still did it, but had to push the bike and trailer with my 2 kids in it almost half the way. There are rocks everywhere and if I had to rate it I would give it a moderate to hard rating even if I was hiking or biking it by myself, just due to all the rocks and tree limbs everywhere.

I love it! Peaceful and perfect for hammocking!

Heckin rad, dudes

It was so fun! Our entire family enjoyed it!

I loved this trail.. Some great things to see while you are hiking as well.

Pleasantly surprised with this lushly wooded area.

Great little trail.

This is a great starter trail! Clean and challenging but not hard. Would recommend for families with older kids. Our nine year old loved it, but it was a little too much for our six year old.