Maple Woods Natural Area Trail

Maple Woods Natural Area Trail is a 1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kansas City, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Maple Woods Natural Area trail meanders through a small suburban forest of old growth timber. The trail begins by crossing a foot bridge, swings left along a small creek before ascending the hill, down the other side and back to the trailhead.

Great trail. Not exactly "off the beaten path", as you'll see houses and hear road noises, but still very pleasant walk.

Perfect for kids! Nice wooded area. a little city noise, but the convenience is worth it!

I gave this 5 stars for mountain biking on my own or hiking it. Very intense trail. The "easy" rating it's given is a huge misconception, though. I went with my 2 kids and the trailer to pull them on my bike knowing that the app said it's easy and for all activities. I still did it, but had to push the bike and trailer with my 2 kids in it almost half the way. There are rocks everywhere and if I had to rate it I would give it a moderate to hard rating even if I was hiking or biking it by myself, just due to all the rocks and tree limbs everywhere.

I love it! Peaceful and perfect for hammocking!

Heckin rad, dudes

It was so fun! Our entire family enjoyed it!

I loved this trail.. Some great things to see while you are hiking as well.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Pleasantly surprised with this lushly wooded area.

Monday, May 30, 2016