Maple Woods Natural Area Trail

Maple Woods Natural Area Trail is a 1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kansas City, Missouri that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Maple Woods Natural Area trail meanders through a small suburban forest of old growth timber. The trail begins by crossing a foot bridge, swings left along a small creek before ascending the hill, down the other side and back to the trailhead.

Awesome little trail in town wow a bit about it on journalGeographica ... https://journalgeographica.com/maple-woods-natural-area-d367fbb40eba

Very hilly! It was super slick & muddy a few days after the big rain we had. The trail narrows quite a bit in a few places. The trail was nice & rocky and gave me a nice work out! I don't feel bad at all about skipping the gym!

This was a nice trail. Just be mindful of going after it rains. There are some steep spots that get really slick, but still well worth it.

Great trail. Not exactly "off the beaten path", as you'll see houses and hear road noises, but still very pleasant walk.

Perfect for kids! Nice wooded area. a little city noise, but the convenience is worth it!

I gave this 5 stars for mountain biking on my own or hiking it. Very intense trail. The "easy" rating it's given is a huge misconception, though. I went with my 2 kids and the trailer to pull them on my bike knowing that the app said it's easy and for all activities. I still did it, but had to push the bike and trailer with my 2 kids in it almost half the way. There are rocks everywhere and if I had to rate it I would give it a moderate to hard rating even if I was hiking or biking it by myself, just due to all the rocks and tree limbs everywhere.

I love it! Peaceful and perfect for hammocking!

Thursday, September 15, 2016