Manley Uplands Trail

Manley Uplands Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Brookline, Missouri that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A US National Park. Park office is open sunrise to sunset. There is a daily use fee or a yearly pass for just $20. It allows you and one person all the access you want for 365 days. It's a paved loop that is challenging for inexperienced riders. Off pavement hiking-only trails as well.

Went with family to the Manly Family Cemetery. It's about half of this trial (I recorded the path below). We had the whole family with 3 under 3 years old.
My brother is the Park Ranger there and he's stopped a couple people who try to get to this trail WITHOUT going through Parks entrance... even jumping fences. Go through front entrance.
Very moderate trail with gravel, wide paths.

Moderately easy trail. Exactly as I expected: pretty, quieter, but still a close drive. There was a lot of rain recently so the trail over the creek/river was closed, but that was nother natures doing. Will definitely do it again.

FAIR WARNING!!! The GPS will try to take you in the back way so that you can get to the trail without going through the park. That road is blocked. I'm guessing the only time they open it is for free weekends at the park. To get to the trail, you pay a fee ($15 for a vehicle or $7 per person I think). I didn't feel like paying that today so I left. I will adjust my rating to be accurate if/when I decide to go back.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

This is a trail inside Wilsons Creek National Battlefield, and a trail shared with horses. Goes through a fairly wooded area with small changes in elevation.

Monday, June 27, 2016

you can't even access the road

Saturday, February 06, 2016